Unique musical selections: that would be the number one thing I loved about Aaron & Kelly’s wedding ceremony and reception at Historic 1625 Place in Tacoma. Not one song on their list of ceremony and reception selections below would be found on a suggestions list for any of the given moments. Yet, they all worked perfectly for the moment they were selected for.
Without a doubt, my favorite song selection was Chris Stapleton’s “More of You” for their First Dance, which features the perfectly written chorus lyrics that are so simple, yet so sweet. Which was absolutely perfect for Aaron & Kelly.
I had met Aaron & Kelly at Chris & Chelsea’s wedding reception at Roche Harbor Resort – Aaron was one of Chris’ groomsmen – and a few days later, we met at a Starbucks in Tukwila to discuss their wedding reception vision. I got to know them and their musical tastes – they loved Chris Stapleton’s music – and was very excited to help them create their own unique wedding reception presentation, as well as awesome dance floor experience.
The video above highlights just that; as it got real crazy at the end! We had a completely different ending for the reception planned, but a last-minute audible led us to packing the dance floor with Tech N9ne’s “Bout Ta Bubble”, which has been stuck in my head all day. Sometimes it’s best to end a reception nice and slow, and other times, it’s better to leave them hot and sweaty. And the latter was PERFECT for Aaron & Kelly’s reception.
Aaron & Kelly, it was an honor to serve as your Master of Ceremonies and Wedding DJ. You two are a fantastic couple, with a fantastic group of family and friends, and I wish you both nothing less than the best of luck and success. It was an honor to serve you. Cheers to you, and may you enjoy several more Chris Stapleton concerts for years to come!
Reception Recap Video
Aaron & Kelly’s Five-Star Review
My (now) husband and I were about 7 months into the wedding planning process when we discovered Tony at a close friend’s wedding. Tony was personable and helped the night’s events flow together seamlessly. Needless to say, we left that wedding with a much better idea of what we wanted in a DJ/MC and we made sure to get Tony’s card.
Fast forward to the last few months before our wedding… Tony was absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. He was detailed, organized, tactful with feedback, ready to give suggestions, etc. When we met with him to go over the script, the conversation felt more like we were three friend’s planning an event together rather than a strictly-business meeting. There were a lot of laughs, but we were able to talk through the majority of script points within the scheduled time.
The events and music turned out exactly as we envisioned and planned they would and that is thanks to Tony for all of the above reasons, plus his flexibility the day of. Thank you again, Tony!!
If you’re looking for a vendor who is easy to work with, but is also an expert on all things weddings, reach out to Tony now!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Aaron’s Entrance: Pearl Jam – “Just Breathe”
- Family: Mazzy Star – “Fade Into You”
- Wedding Party: Tori Kelly & Ed Sheeran – “I Was Made For Loving You”
- Kelly’s Processional: Adele – “One and Only”
- Recessional: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes – “Home”
Cocktail Hour: Classic Crooners
Dinner: Soul, Country
- Grand Entrance (Groomsmen): Tracy Lawrence – “Find Out Who Your Friends Are”
- Grand Entrance (Bridesmaids): Lizzo – “Good As Hell”
- Grand Entrance (Aaron & Kelly): Blue Suede – “Hooked On A Feeling”
- First Dance: Chris Stapleton – “More of You”
- Father/Bride Dance: Billy Joel – “Vienna”
- Mother/Son Dance: Dixie Chicks – “Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Nine Inch Nails – “Closer”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Metallica – “For Whom The Bell Tolls”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Hugo – “99 Problems”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Far East Movement – “Bang It To The Curb”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Yeah Yeah Yeahs – “Heads Will Roll”
- Last Dance: Tech N9ne – “Bout Ta Bubble”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1990s, 2000s, Hip-Hop, R&B, Funk, Country, Top 40
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.