Unique musical selections: that would be the number one thing I loved about Aaron & Kelly’s wedding ceremony and reception at Historic 1625 Place in Tacoma. Not one song on their list of ceremony and reception selections below would be found on a suggestions list for any of the given moments. Yet, they all worked perfectly for the moment they were selected for.
My favorite selection, is without a doubt, their First Dance to Chris Stapleton’s “More of You”, which features the perfectly written chorus lyrics that are so simple, yet so sweet. Which was absolutely perfect for Aaron & Kelly.
I had met Aaron & Kelly at Chris & Chelsea’s wedding reception at Roche Harbor Resort – Aaron was one of Chris’ groomsmen – and a few days later, we met at a Starbucks in Tukwila to discuss their wedding reception vision. I got to know them and their musical tastes – they loved Chris Stapleton’s music – and was very excited to help them create their own unique wedding reception presentation, as well as awesome dance floor experience.
The video above highlights just that; as it got real crazy at the end! We had a completely different ending for the reception planned, but a last minute audible led us to packing the dance floor with Tech N9ne’s “Bout Ta Bubble”, which has been stuck in my head all day. Sometimes it’s best to end a reception nice and slow, and other times, it’s better to leave them hot and sweaty. And the latter was PERFECT for Aaron & Kelly’s reception.
Aaron & Kelly, it was an honor to serve as your Master of Ceremonies and Wedding DJ. You two are a fantastic couple, with a fantastic group of family and friends, and I wish you both nothing less than the best of luck and success. It was an honor to serve you. Cheers to you, and may you enjoy several more Chris Stapleton concerts for years to come!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Aaron’s Entrance: Pearl Jam – “Just Breathe”
- Family: Mazzy Star – “Fade Into You”
- Wedding Party: Tori Kelly & Ed Sheeran – “I Was Made For Loving You”
- Kelly’s Processional: Adele – “One and Only”
- Recessional: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes – “Home”
Cocktail Hour: Classic Crooners
Dinner: Soul, Country
- Grand Entrance (Groomsmen): Tracy Lawrence – “Find Out Who Your Friends Are”
- Grand Entrance (Bridesmaids): Lizzo – “Good As Hell”
- Grand Entrance (Aaron & Kelly): Blue Suede – “Hooked On A Feeling”
- First Dance: Chris Stapleton – “More of You”
- Father/Bride Dance: Billy Joel – “Vienna”
- Mother/Son Dance: Dixie Chicks – “Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Nine Inch Nails – “Closer”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Metallica – “For Whom The Bell Tolls”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Hugo – “99 Problems”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Far East Movement – “Bang It To The Curb”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Yeah Yeah Yeahs – “Heads Will Roll”
- Last Dance: Tech N9ne – “Bout Ta Bubble”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1990s, 2000s, Hip-Hop, R&B, Funk, Country, Top 40