Classic. Elegance. Rustic. Those were the three words Adam and Rany used to describe the vision for their wedding reception at The Pickering Barn in Issaquah, Washington. Add in a mix of traditional Cambodian music and contemporary American music, and the result is one heck of a good time that brings two sides together to celebrate as one big giant family!
You won’t find it in the Musical Selections below, but there was one presentation option that created a very special moment from Adam & Rany. Called “Messages From Home”, a couple of Adam & Rany’s friends that were unable to make it to the wedding reception had called my voicemail a few days in advance and left a touching message for our guests of honor. I took those recordings and played them back after the formal toasts as a surprise to Adam & Rany. It’s always a great moment and a nice way to include those that can’t make it, despite really wanting to be there.
Congratulations Adam & Rany! Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding day; it was an honor to serve as your Master of Ceremonies and DJ. You two are kind and very generous, I loved working with you. And thank you for making my first venture with traditional Cambodian music a pleasant one.
Prelude: Piano Instrumentals
- Family: Up Soundtrack – “Carl Goes Up”
- Wedding Party: Yiruma – “River Flows In You”
- Rany’s Procession: Sam Smith – “Latch (Acoustic)”
- Recessional: Coldplay – “Sky Full of Stars”
Cocktail Hour: Cambodian, Rany & Adam’s Selections
Grand Entrance (Adam & Rany): Dave Matthews Band – “So Right”
Dinner: Love Songs, Upbeat, Cambodian
- First Dance: Farewell Milwaukee – “Always Be Your Man”
- Cake Cutting: David Ryan Harris – “Sweetest Berry”
- Combined Parents Dance: Elton John – “Blessed”
- Last Dance: Green Day – “Time of Your Life (Good Riddance)”
Dancing: Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, Top 40, Alternative & Modern Rock, R&B, Funk
Photo Courtesy: Solie Designs