It was cold. It was windy. It was raining sideways. It was one of those days where wedding professionals have to adjust EVERYTHING on the fly because the weather can’t be controlled.
But when you see Alex and Jane, along with their friends and family, popping and spraying champagne at the end of their wedding reception, you feel a sense of validation that all the hard behind-the-scene work was worth it.
In fact, dealing with less-than-desirable weather was nothing compared to the fact Alexander and Jane had to postpone their wedding twice, as well as find a new boat to host it on! As a DJ, the objective is to play exactly the right song at exactly the right time – and I couldn’t think of a more fitting song than Etta James’ “At Last” as we finally set sail On The Hiyu.
Alex & Jane, I’m so happy that we FINALLY got you married and everyone had a great evening celebrating you two! You are both amazingly kind and I wish y’all all the best that this life has to offer!
Alexander & Jane’s Five-Star Review
DJ Tony was one of those vendors we had that was just on top of it. We didn’t have a worry in the world with having pretty much the whole vibe of our wedding in his hands. He had us fill out a form that was so long that my fiancé and I took shifts doing it, but it was worth it in the end because of how thorough he was on the details. He even perfectly timed his grand entrance/first dance intro for us so we could appear at the part of the song where we wanted and start dancing. All the songs he played helped enhance the whole day too and he made a great MC. We’d definitely recommend him!
Prelude: 50s & 60s Love Songs
- Alex, Groomsmen, & Alex’s Family Processional: Ben E. King – “Stand By Me”
- Bridesmaids, Jane’s Family, Jane’s Processional: Louis Armstrong – “What a Wonderful World”
- Recessional: Louis Armstrong – “Cabaret”
Cocktail Hour: 80s & 90s Feel Good Music
- Grand Entrance (Alex & Jane): Louis Armstrong – “La Vie En Rose”
- First Dance: Louis Armstrong – “La Vie En Rose”
- Bouquet Toss: Mark Ronson – “Uptown Funk”
- Last Dance: Earth, Wind & Fire – “September”
- Grand Send-Off: Stevie Wonder – “Isn’t She Lovely”
Dancing: Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2010s, 2020s