What a way to finish a whirlwind of a weekend! On Friday night, I was DJing for Kip Moore, Tim McGraw, and 25,000 people at Watershed Festival at The Gorge Amphitheater. On Saturday, I was in Seattle for Sophia & Joseph’s wedding reception. And then came Ben & Melissa’s wedding day: a Sunday ceremony and reception with fun interactions, awesome personal touches, and TONS of dancing with Ben & Melissa’s family and friends.
If done right, dinner interactions (i.e. “games”, but I use that loosely) can lead to some awesome memories and bring two sides of family and friends together as one. We did two – one at the start of the dinner portion of the night, and one at the end as a segue into the Toasts. The first was “Ben & Melissa Trivia”, where tables would “buzz in” to answer the question; a correct answer earned that table’s invite to the buffet; an incorrect answer meant that table had to invite another table to the buffet. Great ad libbing skills is a requirement to make this moment shine!
The second interaction was “Bear, Ninja, Hunter”, a spin-off of “Rock, Paper, Scissors” that Ben liked to play. What I liked about this was that guests had to actually stand up to play – just picture the different poses in your mind! – with the eventual winner at each table being awarded a prize revealed at the end of the game: the table’s centerpiece. It was a great segue that brought everyone back to their seats post-dinner and focused in for the toasts.
After the formalities concluded, it was time to celebrate. Check out some of the photos from Heather and Ryan of HR Northwest Photography below; guests had no problem packing Lord Hill Farm’s dance floor!
A final note: Ben & Melissa also rented a photo booth from my company, The Puget Sound Photo Booth Co., for use at their wedding. It was a perfect entertainment option for guests during the cocktail hour and after the cake had been cut and the dancing/dessert social began. I included one of the hundreds of photos taken below; I always enjoy seeing the creative use of props by family and friends. Pure fun and a must consideration for your wedding reception!
Ben & Melissa, thank you for having me as a part of your wedding day celebration. I wish you a lifetime of good luck and happiness! Except when Melissa’s Packers play the Seahawks! :p
Prelude: Piano Instrumentals
- Family & Wedding Party: Piano Guys – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
- Bridal Procesion: Lonestar – “Amazed (Piano Instrumental)”
- Recessional: Chris Brown – “Forever”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Country, Soft Contemporary
Grand Entrance (Groomsmen): Harold Faltermeyer – “Top Gun Anthem”
Grand Entrance (Bridesmaids): TV Theme – “Charlie’s Angels Theme”
Grand Entrance (Ben & Melissa): Movie Theme – “Star Wars Theme”
Dinner: Mid-tempo Country, Mid-tempo Contemporary
- First Dance: Brad Paisley – “Then (Piano Mix)”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Andrea Bocelli – “Time To Say Goodbye (Instrumental)”
- Mother/Son Dance: Taylor Hicks – “Do I Make You Proud”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Alan Jackson – “Remember When” & Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Spice Girls – “Wannabe”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Baha Men – “Who Let The Dogs Out”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Survivor – “Eye of The Tiger”
- Garter Toss (Toss): ESPN – “Monday Night Football Theme”
- Last Dance: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, 00, Top 40, Alternative, Country
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.