And inside the Port Gamble Pavilion, we had a ton of interactive fun with Brian & Melissa’s family and friends! Here’s a couple of the highlights:
For Melissa & Brian’s Grand Entrance, you’ll note a unique – perhaps even interesting! – song choice: “Down With The Sickness” by Disturbed. It’s a very hard rock song, which Brian loves (and I like to play it when I’m at the gym). Hard rock is very difficult to incorporate at a wedding without turning off a ton of guests, but during our planning meetings I pitched this song as a part of a Grand Entrance presentation idea. Fortunately for Brian, Melissa liked the presentation idea and signed off on the song.
Speaking of Melissa, she’s awfully sweet. After Brian tossed an autographed Seahawks football with Melissa’s garter wrapped around it, she approached him and presented him with a surprise gift: a second signed Seahawks football! She’s a keeper, Brian!
And that was just a few of the cool moments Melissa & Brian created for their wedding reception. I can’t wait to see the photos Van Wyhe Photography captured – Gabriel & Jaci always do such a nice job; plus they are super cool people to chat and catch up with!
Brian & Melissa, a big congratulations to the both of you! It was an honor to serve you, and I wish you both the best of luck in all you do. I couldn’t wish that for two nicer people.
Prelude: Classical Strings & Piano Selections
- Brian & Groomsmen: Avicii – “Hey Brother”
- Wedding Party: The Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Melissa’s Procession: The Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Communion Song: Sarah Groves – “He’s Always Been Faithful”
- Recessional: Stevie Wonder – “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”
Cocktail Hour: DJ’s Choice
Grand Entrance (Brian & Melissa): Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”
Dinner: DJ’s Choice
- First Dance: Ben E. King – “Stand By Me”
- Father-Bride Dance: Bob Carlisle – “Butterfly Kisses”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Garth Brooks – “Mom”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #1: Alan Jackson – “Remember When”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #2: Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Cake Cutting: Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar on Me”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Lenny Kravitz – “American Woman”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Queen – “Another One Bites The Dust”
- Garter Toss (Invite & Removal): Brad Paisley – “I’m Still A Guy”
- Garter Toss (Toss): TV Themes – “NFL on Fox”
- Last Dance: Ray Charles – “Hit The Road, Jack”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, R&B, Country
Photo Courtesy: Van Wyhe Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.