As I sit here and struggle to put Andrea & Bryan’s wedding reception in words, only one word comes to mind: perfection. And I know, it might seem like a cliché word here on my Real Weddings blog, but I can’t stop thinking about what went down last night, July 4, 2015, at the beautiful Laurel Creek Manor in Sumner, Washington. From start to finish, it was perfection. And while sparkler exits are great, you can’t beat having your own personal fireworks show to end the night. God Bless America.
I’ve known Andrea and Bryan since our glory days at Sumner High School. And from the moment Andrea asked me if I would DJ her 4th of July wedding, I knew two things. One, the answer was “YES!” and two, I needed to challenge myself to help her and Bryan create the best wedding reception any of their 250+ guests have ever been to. The kind of reception where at the end, everyone just wants to keep dancing in hopes that the night never ends. That’s what Andrea & Bryan wanted, and damnit, that’s what they deserved.
If the hug that I got at the end of the night from the new Mr. and Mrs. Marquez was any indication, a great time was had by all.
Congratulations Bryan & Andrea! Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding celebration. It was the best night, ever. You have amazing friends, wonderful families, and it was an honor to serve you.
Prelude: Acoustic Guitar
- Family: Boyce Avenue – “Wanted”
- Wedding Party: Ed Sheeran – “Tenerife Sea”
- Andrea’s Procession: James Morrison – “You Make It Real”
- Recessional: Stevie Wonder – “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)”
Cocktail Hour: Singer/Songwriter, Reggae
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Flo Rida – “Good Feeling”
Grand Entrance (Bryan & Andrea): The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony”
- First Dance: George Strait – “I Cross My Heart”
- Father-Bride Dance: The Beatles – “In My Life”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Celine Dion – “Because You Loved Me”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Beyonce – “Run The World (Girls)”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Beyonce – “Single Ladies”
- Garter Toss (Invite & Removal): Michael Jackson – “The Way You Make Me Feel”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Queen – “Another One Bites The Dust”
- Last Dance: Michael Buble – “Save The Last Dance for Me”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 2000s, Top 40, R&B, Reggae/Latin, Country
Photo Courtesy: Melissa Kilner Photography.