August 29, 2015 will be a Saturday I’ll never forget. The weather was garbage; hard rain and high winds brought about a power outage at High Cedars Golf Course in Orting, about an hour prior to the scheduled start time of Bucky & Corissa’s wedding ceremony. For a DJ, this is the worst case scenario.
Thankfully, I’ve prepared for “doomsday” scenarios like this; and after racing back to my office to obtain my Hondau EU2000i silent generator, I had just enough juice to provide sound reinforcement for the ceremony and, with a little luck, run my reception sound system until the power came back on.
And lo and behold, about 35 minutes into the cocktail hour, a wedding day miracle occurred: POWER WAS RESTORED! After rebooting my system to full strength, we were good to go; it was time to create a lifetime of unforgettable memories at Bucky & Corissa’s wedding reception. And we started with some hilarious Wedding Party Song Skits from the bridesmaids and groomsmen, and ended the evening with Bucky & Corissa surrounded by their closest friends as The Wanted’s “Glad You Came” wrapped up a wedding day unlike any other I’ve ever experienced.
A special shout out to all the vendors who made this day a positive one for Bucky & Corissa: the staff at High Cedars Golf Course, Phreckle Face Photography, and The Puget Sound Photo Booth Co. Way to be a team of wedding pros despite the conditions!
Bucky & Corissa: It was an honor to serve you, and despite the weather and craziness of the day, I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat! Congratulations!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Family: Adele – “To Make You Feel My Love”
- Wedding Party: Ed Sheeran – “Thinking Out Loud”
- Corissa’s Procession: Train – “Marry Me”
- Recessional: American Authors – “Best Day of My Life”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary, Soft Country
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party Song Skits):
- The Temptations – “My Girl”
- Village People – “YMCA”
- Kool & The Gang – “Celebration”
- War – “Why Can’t We Be Friends”
- Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – “Time of My Life” segue to Sir Mix-A-Lot – “Jump On It”
Grand Entrance (Bucky & Corissa): Bruno Mars – “Marry You”
Dinner: Contemporary, Country
- First Dance: Brad Paisley – “Then” (Surprised Choreograph Dance Routine)
- Mother-Groom Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Combined Parent Dance: Heartland – “I Loved Her First”
- Cake Cutting: Blake Shelton – “Honey Bee”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): David Guetta – “Where Them Girls At”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): TV Themes – “Sex & The City”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Marvin Gaye – “Let’s Get It On”
- Garter Toss (Removal): TV Themes – “Monday Night Football Theme”
- Last Dance: The Wanted – “Glad You Came”
Dancing: Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B, Country
Photo Courtesy: Phreckle Face Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.