One thing I am constantly reminding my clients is to come up with a WOW! factor – that one moment during the reception their family and friends will never forget and will talk about for years to come. Because I am always seeking to push the bar higher and higher, for Chris & Michele’s wedding, we came up a half-dozen WOW! factors. Here they are, in presentational order:
- Michele’s Surprise Recording for Chris over her Processional Selection
- Michele & Chris’ Grand Entrance with EVERY guest waving their napkins in the air
- The Surprise Life/Love Story Montage narrated by Chris & Michele’s parents, produced by yours truly
- Surprise Messages for Both Parent Dances
- Dollar Dance Competition
- Sneaking Inner Circle’s “Bad Boys” into the mix for a room full of law enforcement officers (Chris is a King County Sheriff)
One thing I loved about this wedding was how family-centric it was. Michele & Chris have AMAZING families and I was honored to get to know them during the interview process of The Life/Love Story Montage – which was the hit of the reception! To Jeff & Betsy, Ken & Karen, thank you for welcoming me into your homes and sharing some amazing stories with me – it made the editing process all the more enjoyable!
You’ll also note the word “surprise” was used often; we had so many great surprises incorporated throughout the evening. For me, it was hard enough to keep track with who got to know what – but the reactions on faces and through body language is priceless. It takes time, but to all the brides-to-be and grooms-to-be out there: it’s well worth the time and effort.
Check out the entire live mix below; dancing was just over an hour for the night, but that was plenty as I tired them out! 🙂 And a huge thank you to my buddy Nick Alan for coming out and shooting video for me on short notice!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Family: Luther Vandross – “Here and Now”
- Wedding Party: Celine Dion & R. Kelly – “I’m Your Angel”
- Bridal Procesion: Train – “Marry Me”
- Unity Candle: Newsong – “When God Made You”
- Recessional: Michael Jackson – “The Way You Make Me Feel”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary, Soft Classic Crooners
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary, Classic Rock
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Alan Parson Project – “Sirius”
- Grand Entrance (Chris & Michele): T.I. – “Bring ‘Em Out”
- First Dance: Hunter Hayes – “Wanted”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Heartland – “I Loved Her First”
- Mother/Son Dance: Boyz II Men – “A Song for Momma”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Garter Toss: Jay-Z & Kanye West – “Paris”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin'”
Dancing: Top 40, Hip-Hop, Classic Rock, 00s, 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s
Photo Courtesy: Michelle Jensen Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.