I love weddings at Sodo Park, and its because of weddings like Chris and Rachel’s! What a fun night with such a fun group of family and friends that came ready to celebrate!
Chris & Rachel were a referral from Jon & Christa’s wedding I had done a year prior. Like Jon & Christa, Chris & Rachel were also diehard Husky fans – which just so happens to be the college team in this state I root for. (Don’t get me wrong, I still work for a ton of Coug weddings, as well as couples that like the Yankees and 49ers. I think it makes our relationship all the more fun!)
Fortunately, also like Jon & Christa’s wedding, Chris & Rachel’s friends also came to party and have a great time. The dance floor was packed all night long and I think very few guests left early. One of my favorite parts of mixing and DJing is playing what guests love and expect to hear and playing what they don’t expect to hear but love. Being able to mix in “Tequila” and “Louie, Louie”, two songs I rarely get to play at weddings, really took the dance floor to next level. Seeing guests passionately sing along to their favorite songs is what DJing is all about.
Thank you to Chris & Rachel for having me perform at your wedding. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and success!
Check out the playlist and photos below.
Prelude: Soft Classical
- Family, Wedding Party: Bach – “Air (On The G String)”
- Bridal Procesion: Pachelbel – “Canon in D”
- Recessional: University of Washington – “Bow Down To Washington”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Michael Jackson – “Wanna Be Startin’ Something”
- Grand Entrance: Martin Solveig – “Hello”
- First Dance: Peter Gabriel – “The Book of Love”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Steven Curtis Chapman – “Cinderella”
- Mother/Son Dance: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
- Bouquet Toss: Cyndi Lauper – “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”
- Garter Removal: Offspring – “Pretty Fly for a White Guy”
- Garter Toss: Monday Night Football Theme
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin'”
Dancing: Rock & Roll, 70s, 80s, Motown, Soul, Hip-Hop, Top 40, R&B
Photo Courtesy: Mike Fiechtner Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.