While the outcome of the Seahawks-Falcons playoff game earlier in the day was less than desirable, any disappointment was left at the front door as guests and vendors entered Melrose Market Studios, excited to celebrate Tina & Michael. And from the romantic, intimate ceremony to the group sing-a-long to Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” and Sparkler Send Off, everyone did just that.
And I knew it was one of those nights when I opened the dance floor with The Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back” mixed with Beyonce’s “Crazy In Love” and EVERY. SINGLE. GUEST. was on the dance floor dancing and singing to it. Young and old, they all got down on that dance floor; Tina & Michael have an amazing group of family and friends.
Other unforgettable moments include the entire Grand Entrance/First Dance segment – it setup a great photo moment that photographer, Reyna Robin, captured perfectly below – as well as the Toaster Introductions. It’s one of my signature presentations that can lead to some truly memorable moments for all, and on this night, it led to Michael’s Best Man, Sam, rapping the entire first verse of Vanilla Ice’s “Ice, Ice Baby“. The best part? Sam had no idea he would be rapping to “Ice, Ice Baby” – it just magically happened. (Well, I kinda set it up so it could “magically happen”, but that’s one of the many benefits to my service: taking the necessary time to learn about my couples and their VIPs, so together, we can come up with creative ideas that lead to unforgettable moments.)
Tina & Michael, from the bottom of my heart, it was a pleasure to serve you both. You just set the bar extremely high for the rest of the year – it’s going to be hard to top your wedding celebration. I wish you all the best; keep in touch but in the meantime, enjoy your time in Hawaii!
Prelude: Country Instrumentals
- Family & Wedding Party: Pachelbel – “Canon in D”
- Christina’s Procession: The Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Recessional: Bruno Mars – “Treasure”
Cocktail Hour: Soul
Dinner: Crooners, Country
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”
- Grand Entrance (Christina & Michael): Bruno Mars – “Marry You”
- First Dance: Thomas Rhett – “Die A Happy Man”
- Cake Cutting: The Archies – “Sugar, Sugar”
- First Dance: Leon Bridges – “Coming Home”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Frank Sinatra – “The Way You Look Tonight”
- Mother/Son Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Last Dance: Neil Diamond – “Sweet Caroline”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B, Country
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.