Coley was an Ohio girl. Mac was a starting linebacker for the Penn State Nittany Lions. Together, they make for an awesome pairing who celebrated their wedding reception at one of my favorite destination wedding venues in the Pacific Northwest, Swiftwater Cellars at Suncadia Resort. And if you are a regular reader of the Reception Recaps section of my blog, you know all about all of the awesome wedding celebrations I’ve been a part of out there.
Well, Coley and Mac just added their wedding reception to that list.
Personalizing the presentation of my couple’s wedding ceremony and reception is one of the signature elements of my service; to do so, I need to invest the time into getting to know my couples. When I found out Mac played football at Penn State – as well as had a brief stint with the Seahawks! – I pitched the idea of playing instrumentals from football movie soundtracks for their Prelude music; they loved it! From Rudy to Remember The Titans, I scoured for as many films as I could to find the right mix of music. It’s a small detail, but it’s an overwhelmingly powerful way to present a truly unique wedding experience and give insight into the life and love story of each couple I work for. Music programming matters, no matter the time of the day or night.
From Grand Entrance to Last Dance – followed by an extra hour of overtime after that! – it was an absolutely fantastic night of energy and excitement for Mac & Coley. So to the newlyweds, congratulations and thank you so much for selecting me to be a part of your wedding celebration and providing the soundtrack to your perfect wedding night! It was my honor to serve you both, Mac & Coley – I wish you nothing less than the best of luck and success in all you do!
Prelude: Football Soundtrack Mix
- Mac’s Procession: Vitamin String Quartet – “Elderly Woman”
- Family: Vitamin String Quartet – “The Scientist”
- Bridesmaids: Vitamin String Quartet – “All I Want Is You”
- Coley’s Procession: Vitamin String Quartet – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
- Recessional: The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony”
Cocktail Hour: Summer Drinking Mix
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Dance-Off; Various Music Selections
Grand Entrance (Coley & Mac): DJ Khaled – “All I Do Is Win”
- First Dance: The Flamingos – “I Only Have Eyes For You”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Loudon Wainwright III – “Daughter”
- Step-Father/Daughter Dance: Tom Petty – “Wildflowers”
- Mother/Son Dance: T. Carter – “A Mother’s Song” into Nathaniel Radcliffe – “S.O.B.”
- Cake Cutting: The Archies – “Sugar, Sugar”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin'”
Dancing: Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Reggae/Latin
Photo Credit: Amanda Hofner Photography