463 days: that is how many days it has been since I last performed at a wedding reception due to the Covid-19 pandemic. So, as I arrived at The Kelley Farm for Courtney & Matthew’s wedding ceremony and reception, I was excited as can be to be back at work – and with Big Tymer’s “Still Fly” queued up for the Grand Entrance, how can one not be? – but at the same time, I was nervous and wondering the following questions: “Will this be a fun experience?”, “Will guests get up and dance?”, and “What will the reception look like?”
As it turns out, the answers were: “Yes!”, “Indubitably yes!”, and “The same as before the pandemic: packed dance floors and guests laughing and carrying on like normal!”
Courtney & Matthew, it was a sincere honor to serve as your Master of Ceremonies and DJ. Thank you for being patient and flexible as we navigated through a mess of constantly changing restrictions and guidelines. The end result was 1,000% worth it. Your wedding reception set the bar for the rest of the year and is an immediate candidate for “Wedding of the Year”! Cheers to you both!
Courtney & Matthew’s Five-Star Review
Tony is THE BEST! I could not have been happier. Everything ran so smoothly. He definitely knows how to feel for the crowd with music and plays great stuff! All my guests had so much fun dancing all night. If you want to dance the night away and have a great time hire Tony!!
Prelude: Modern Christian Music
- Matt’s Processional: The Piano Guys – “Home”
- Seating of the Family: The Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Wedding Party Processional: The Piano Guys – “Bless The Broken Road”
- Courtney’s Processional: The Piano Guys – “Someone You Loved”
- Recessional: The Piano Guys – “A Sky Full of Stars”
Cocktail Hour: Country
Dinner: Soft Country, Soft Classic Rock
- Grandparents & Parents Introductions: Fleetwood Mac – “Dreams”
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Nelly – “Hot In Herre”
- Grand Entrance (Courtney & Matthew): Big Tymers – “Still Fly”
- Cake Cutting: Old Dominion – “Make It Sweet” & Blake Shelton – “Honey Bee”
- First Dance: Zac Brown Band – “Free”
- Father/Bride Dance: Chad & Jeremy – “A Summer Song”
- Mother/Groom Dance: Garth Brooks – “Mom”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Alan Jackson – “Remember When” & The Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Nelly – “Ride Wit Me”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Kelis – “Milkshake”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Tone-Loc – “Wild Thing”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Ginuwine – “Pony”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Jeremih & YG – “Don’t Tell ‘Em”
- Last Dance: Elton John – “Tiny Dancer”
- Grand Send-Off: Cody Johnson – “On My Way to You”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Disco, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2010s, 2020s, Hip-Hop, Country
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.