I remember meeting Dustin & Sarah for the first time at a Starbucks in Tukwila and noting how easygoing they were. We talked about how they met, how Dustin proposed, Seahawks football, and the CMA Festival in Nashville – and eventually we discussed their wedding day vision. With chemistry like that, I knew we were going to plan and present an AMAZING wedding reception for their family and friends.
And after the final farewell as Sarah & Dustin made their way to Africa for the honeymoon, I drove home full of adrenaline and excitement from the night that was. It was definitely a good night.
Dustin & Sarah’s reception was also the first wedding where I projected a color monogram on my brand new, 4700 lumen LCD projector. This is what the monogram looked like during the daylight hours:
Color me impressed. (Pun intended!)
When you combine great people, great vendors, and a great location, you end up with a great night of celebration. It’s been true before, and it was true on this night. Congratulations to Dustin & Sarah: it was an honor to serve you; thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding ceremony and reception.
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Family: Rascal Flatts – “Bless The Broken Road”
- Wedding Party: Bruno Mars – “Uptown Funk”
- Sarah’s Procession: Train – “Marry Me”
- Recessional: Stevie Wonder – “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”
Cocktail Hour: Rat Pack & Crooners
Grand Entrance (Dustin & Sarah): Pharrell Williams – “Happy”
Dinner: Rat Pack & Crooners
- First Dance: Hunter Hayes – “Wanted”
- Mother-Son Dance: Garth Brooks – “Mom”
- Father-Bride Dance: Bob Carlisle – “Butterfly Kisses”
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Beyonce – “Girls (Run The World)”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Nelly – “Hot In Herre”
- Garter Toss (Removal): LSG – “My Body”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Fort Minor – “Remember The Name”
- Wedding Party Dance: Montell Jordan – “This Is How We Do It”
- Last Dance: Semisonic – “Closing Time”
Dancing: Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, Country, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop
Photo Courtesy: Tallis Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.