It will be impossible for me to ever forget Ellise & Robert’s wedding celebration at Rock Creek Gardens in Puyallup, Washington. Why? Due to an abnormal heatwave, it was 104 degrees at ceremony time and only 99 degrees at the end of the evening.
Yet, despite the heat, Robert & Ellise’s guests stayed and enjoyed what turned out to be an awesome Sunday evening! A few danced, some played yard games, and everyone else drank and mingled and simply enjoyed themselves.
As was the case for so many weddings this year, this was the first time since the pandemic started that everyone got to gather as a group, so heatwave be damned, Ellise & Robert’s family and friends were going to enjoy themselves. And while I knew it likely wasn’t going to be the insane dance party they originally hoped for, I could still rely upon my expertise and do my part to ensure the reception was a great experience for all.
Ellise & Robert, thank you for having me as a part of your wedding day, and thank you for allowing me to wear shorts at your wedding reception – I am now fully on Team Shorts at summer weddings! 🙂 But in all seriousness, it was a pleasure to work with you and to help make your day special and fun, no matter how hot it got!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Wedding Party Processional: John Legend – “All of Me”
- Ellise’s Processional: Ruelle – “I Get to Love You”
- Recessional: Kool & The Gang – “Celebration”
Cocktail Hour: Pop, R&B, Soul
Dinner: Indie, Pop, Rock, Country
- Family, Wedding Party Introductions: DJ’s Choice
- Grand Entrance (Ellise & Robert): The Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”
- First Dance: John Legend – “Conversations in the Dark”
- Parents Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Last Dance: DJ’s Choice
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Disco, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s, Electronic Dance Music, Country