What do you get when you combine a zoo and a group of people that came to dance, dance, dance? You get Erik & Kim’s wedding reception at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, that’s what you get!
One thing I loved about Kim & Erik, *cough* excuse me, “The Hammer”, was how unique their ceremony song selections were: they chose all their favorite Disney songs! With the ceremony held in the beautiful garden just outside the zoo, the Disney songs definitely made this a fairytale wedding come true! And for the Recessional, because they sure loved their time in Pullman, they selected to walk back down the aisle as husband and wife to the Wazzu Fight Song, which everyone sang along to. Well, everyone except for me, because I root for the purple and gold. 😉
Check out the photos below – everyone danced for over two hours, young and old. Frankly, I am still thoroughly impressed, but I had a hunch when so many guests were requesting me to play “We Are Family” for the first song of the night. I obliged, and our giant Erik & Kim family was on the dance floor with no intentions to walk off the dance floor for the rest of the night. The two biggest hit songs? “Tik Tok” by Ke$ha and “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz.
Erik & Kim, thank you for having me a part of your celebration; you literally rocked the Woodland Park Zoo. It was an honor to perform for you.
Prelude: Select Disney Songs
- Family: Disney – “Bella Notte (Instrumental)”
- Wedding Party: Disney – “True Love’s Kiss (Instrumental)”
- Bridal Procession: Disney – “Kiss The Girl”
- Recessional: Washington State University – “Fight Song”
Cocktail Hour: Jazz Standards
Dinner: Jazz Standards
- Grand Entrance: Ke$ha – “Tik Tok”
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- First Dance: Michael Buble – “Everything”
- Bouquet Toss: Beastie Boys – “Girls”
- Garter Removal & Toss: Pitbull – “Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin'”
Dancing: 70s, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Classic Rock, Motown, R&B
Photo Courtesy: Studio 6 Photography