There are very few times where I am at a loss for words, but the moments after Evan & Vinny’s wedding reception concluded was one of those times. Never did I expect in my wildest dreams to be a part of a wedding reception that wild and that crazy. The best way I can describe the dance floor experience at The Agriplex at the Washington State Fair? Take a wedding reception, mix it up with the vibe of a college fraternity party, and stir in some scenes from a Lil’ Jon & The Eastside Boyz music video, and the result is one epic celebration going down on the dance floor.
Which is exactly what Evan & Vinny wanted. Signed, sealed, delivered, #MakeHerBaker.
If you still aren’t sure what that looks like, watch the highlight video posted above – which features ONLY the highlights I could safely include for all audiences! (Ever seen a bunch of girls twerking on the sweetheart table at a wedding reception? I can now say I have.) If you want to see all of the highlights, hit up Evan & Vinny, as they have the full Video Capture that my video guru, Matt, expertly captured throughout the night.
From the moment Evan & Vinny walked in for their Grand Entrance, to the end of night when everyone was headed home drunk, happy, tuckered out, and with photo booth strips and scones in hand – because when your wedding is held at the Washington State Fair, there isn’t a more appropriate parting gift than a Fisher fair scone – it was a night of unforgettable moments. And of course, a packed dance floor that never thinned out for the duration of my three hour DJ set.
Evan & Vinny, thank you for having me and my team as a part of your wedding celebration. It was an amazing night that lived up to the hype, and one I will never – ever! – forget; cheers to you both!
Prelude: Piano Instrumentals
- Seating of the Family: Rascal Flatts – “Bless The Broken Road (Piano Instrumental)”
- Wedding Party Processional: Frank Sinatra – “The Way You Look Tonight (Piano Instrumental)”
- Evan’s Processional: “Landslide” performed live by Alex
- Recessional: Keith Urban – “Somebody Like You”
Cocktail Hour: Live piano performance by Alex, Pop Country
Dinner: 80s Rock, 90s Rock
- Grand Entrance (Evan & Vinny): Usher – “Yeah!”
- First Dance: Devin Dawson – “All On Me”
- Father/Bride Dance: Van Morrison – “Have I Told You Lately” & Danny & The Juniors – “At The Hop”
- Mother/Groom Dance: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
- Step-Mother/Groom Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Cake Cutting: Jack Johnson – “Better Together” & Kelsea Ballerini – “I Hate Love Songs”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Ariana Grande – “Thank U, Next”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Brooke Valentine – “Girlfight”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Beastie Boys – “Girls”
- Garter Toss (Removal & Toss): Tim McGraw – “Real Good Man”
- Last Dance: Tom Petty – “Free Falling”
- Grand Sendoff: Thompson Square – “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not”
Dancing: Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Alternative & Modern Rock, R&B, Country