On my way to Swiftwater Cellars for Kasi & Jared’s wedding, I had the biggest ear-to-ear grin: I was DJing at one of my favorite venues; one of my favorite photographers and past wedding clients, Amy Walton, was also working the wedding; the Seahawks were headed back to the Super Bowl; and, I only had to keep Kasi’s surprise to Jared under wraps for a few more hours.
Because also on his way to Cle Elum to surprise Jared was none other than…
Blitz from the Seattle Seahawks!!!
As soon as Jared & Kasi kissed after cutting the cake, I sent the word upstairs to send Blitz down the elevator. As Blitz descended, I informed Jared and guests, that in lieu of a Groom’s Cake, Kasi wanted to present her favorite 12 with a special surprise and it was coming down the elevator as we spoke. As soon as I heard the ding of the elevator, I hit the chorus on Macklemore’s “Can’t Hold Us” and welcomed into the room Blitz as the BIGGEST grin emerged on Jared’s face.
Talk about getting the party started!
And what a party it was – a three-hour dance floor celebration! The food was delicious, the drinks were flowing, the photo booth was packed (shameless plug to my company, The Puget Sound Photo Booth Co.!), and the dance floor was packed. From The Jackson 5 to Cali Swag District, guests young AND old got down on the dance floor.
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: every time I play Swiftwater Cellars, it is a night of magic. And Kasi & Jared’s wedding reception was no exception. A definite Top 5 nominee.
Kasi & Jared, thank you for having me as a part of your wedding day. I will never forget this one, ever.
Jared & Kasi’s Five-Star Review
Tony is UNBELIEVABLE! He was professional and responsive and most importantly so much fun to work with 🙂 Jared and I wanted our wedding to be a big “party” and Tony kept everyone on the dance floor until 11 pm 🙂 I received numerous compliments about how great our DJ was and how it was one of the best weddings they have ever been too:) I would highly highly recommend Tony!!! He is the absolute BEST! Go Hawks!
Prelude: Acoustic Guitar by Josh White
- Family, Wedding Party: Acoustic Guitar by Josh White
- Bridal Procession: Acoustic Guitar by Josh White
- Recessional: Ray LaMontagne – “You Are The Best Thing”
Cocktail Hour: Upbeat Crooners
Grand Entrance (Flower Girl & Ring Bearer): Pharrell Williams – “Happy”
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony (Intro Loop)”
Grand Entrance (Jared & Kasi): The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony”
Dinner: Mid-tempo Contemporary and Classic Crooners, Mid-tempo Contemporary
- First Dance: Brad Paisley – “Then”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Billy Joel – “Just The Way You Are”
- Mother/Son Dance: Lynyrd Skynrd – “Simple Man”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- Jared’s Surprise – Blitz: Macklemore – “Can’t Hold Us”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Shania Twain – “Man! I Feel Like A Woman”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Justin Timberlake – “SexyBack”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Selena Gomez – “Come & Get It”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Flo Rida – “Good Feeling”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin'”
Dancing: Everything. Literally, Everything.
Photo Courtesy: Amy Walton Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.