Because also on his way to surprise Jared was none other than…
Blitz from the Seattle Seahawks!!!
As soon as Jared & Kasi kissed after cutting the cake, I sent the word upstairs to send Blitz down the elevator. As Blitz descended, I informed Jared and guests, that in lieu of a Groom’s Cake, Kasi wanted to present her favorite 12 with a special surprise and it was coming down the elevator as we spoke. As soon as I heard the ding of the elevator, I hit the chorus on Macklemore’s “Can’t Hold Us” and welcomed in to the room Blitz as the BIGGEST grin emerged on Jared’s face.
Talk about getting the party started!
And what a party it was – a three hour dance floor celebration! The food was delicious, the drinks were flowing, the photo booth was packed (cheap & shameless plug to my company, The Puget Sound Photo Booth Co.!), and the dance floor was packed. From The Jackson 5 to Cali Swag District, guests young AND old got down on the dance floor. Amy even caught me trying to do the Dougie from behind the turntables – I included that photo below.
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: every time I play Swiftwater Cellars, it is a night of magic. And Kasi & Jared’s wedding reception was no exception. A definite Top 5 nominee.
Kasi & Jared, thank you for having me as a part of your wedding day. I will never forget this one, ever.
Prelude: Acoustic Guitar by Josh White
- Family, Wedding Party: Acoustic Guitar by Josh White
- Bridal Procesion: Acoustic Guitar by Josh White
- Recessional: Ray LaMontague – “You Are The Best Thing”
Cocktail Hour: Upbeat Crooners
Grand Entrance (Flower Girl & Ring Bearer): Pharrell Williams – “Happy”
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony (Intro Loop)”
Grand Entrance (Jared & Kasi): The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony”
Dinner: Mid-tempo Contemporary and Classic Crooners, Mid-tempo Contemporary
- First Dance: Brad Paisley – “Then”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Billy Joel – “Just The Way You Are”
- Mother/Son Dance: Lynyrd Skynrd – “Simple Man”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- Jared’s Surprise – Blitz: Macklemore – “Can’t Hold Us”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Shania Twain – “Man! I Feel Like A Woman”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Justin Timberlake – “SexyBack”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Selena Gomez – “Come & Get It”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Flo Rida – “Good Feeling”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believing”
Dancing: Everything. Literally, Everything.
Photos Courtesy: Amy Walton Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.