If there is one thing I love, it’s a good barn party with a mix of country and pop music. So, a special thank you to Jason & Jordan, who asked me to serve as the Master of Ceremonies and DJ for their wedding reception at Springwood Ranch in Thorpe, Washington. You two nailed it with a perfect country-style wedding ceremony and reception!
And your song selections for the formalities were spot-on! “Wrapped Up In You” by Garth Brooks? That’s one of my favorite Garth Brooks songs of all time and I’m glad you selected it for your ceremony’s Recessional. It’s a perfect song for that moment. In fact, Jason & Jordan did a great job of picking the songs they knew and loved for the formalities, all while making them their own. Bravo! Well done.
Jason & Jordan also elected to spice up the Dollar Dance formality by wagering on who would collect the most amount of money. If Jordan collected more money than Jason, each day Jason would have to prepare wine, as well as crackers and cheese, for Jordan at 5 pm, and then spend 15 minutes debriefing her day for the first year of their marriage. However, if Jason collected more money during the dollar dance, Jordan would be on dog poop duty for the first year of their marriage, plus Jordan would have to wash Jason’s truck twice a month.
Who won? Well, you had to be there for One of Those Nights… 😉
Jason & Jordan: it was an honor to serve you as your Master of Ceremonies and DJ! Thank you and congratulations!
Prelude: Soft Country
- Family: Alan Jackson – “Remember When”
- Wedding Party: Lennon & Maisy – “A Life That Good”
- Jordan’s Procession: Miranda Lambert – “Makin’ Plans”
- Recessional: Garth Brooks – “Wrapped Up In You”
Cocktail Hour: Country
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Florida Georgia Line – “Party People (Riff Intro)”
Grand Entrance (Jason & Jordan): Florida Georgia Line – “Party People (Chorus)”
- First Dance: Billy Currington – “Until You”
- Father-Bride Dance: Krystal Keith – “Daddy, Dance With Me”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Blake Shelton – “The Baby”
- New Parents Dance: Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”
- Cake Cutting: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Shania Twain – “Man! I Feel Like A Woman”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Carrie Underwood & Miranda Lambert – “Somethin’ Bad”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Baha Men – “Who Let The Dogs Out”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Nelly – “Hot in Herre”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Aloe Blacc – “The Man”
- Last Dance: Brantley Gilbert – “17 Again”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Country
Photo Courtesy: Lovesam Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.