Congratulations to Jessie & Amanda as they married, and then celebrated, at Union Station in downtown Tacoma, Washington! Their reception was the perfect mix of elegance, class, and fun at one of the finer wedding venues in the city of Tacoma. There’s just something about marble floors and vaulted ceilings; very few, if any, Puget Sound wedding venues in the area offer those features.
One can easily note how Jessie & Amanda’s musical selections reflected their wedding reception vision. After a very traditional wedding ceremony, the evening’s playlist started with timeless selections by crooners such as Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Dean Martin. Then, they teased the fun to come by making their Grand Entrance to Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love” before returning to crooners (classical and contemporary) for dinner.
And then, after dinner and the formalities, it was time to party.
And boy, did the family and friends of Amanda & Jessie bring it. What a great evening as pretty much anything, and everything, was game for the dance floor mix. Those are the nights I love the most – very few restrictions and the complete trust of my clients to rock their party right.
Jessie & Amanda: thank you for having me as a part of your wedding ceremony and reception. It was an honor to serve as your wedding DJ. Cheers!
Prelude: Classical Selections
- Family: Bach – “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring”
- Wedding Party: Pachelbel – “Canon in D”
- Amanda’s Procession: Wagner – “Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin”
- Recessional: Mendelssohn – “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
Cocktail Hour: Jazz, Blues, Classical
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Michael Jackson – “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin'”
Grand Entrance (Jessie & Amanda): Led Zeppelin – “Whole Lotta Love”
Dinner: Upbeat Contemporary & Classical Crooners
- First Dance: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #1: Nat King Cole – “Unforgettable”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #2: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
- Cake Cutting: Adam Sandler – “Grow Old With You”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): David Guetta – “Where Them Girls At”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Brooke Valentine – “Girl Fight”
- Garter Toss (Invite & Removal): Warrant – “Cherry Pie”
- Garter Toss (Removal & Toss): Black Sabbath – “Iron Man”
- Last Dance: DJ’s Choice
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, Disco, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Alternative & Modern Rock, Funk, Reggae/Latin
Photo Courtesy: Something Minted Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.