When good friend, and fabulous photographer, Amy Walton called me asking if I’d DJ her wedding at Rancho Los Palmas in Palm Springs, CA – it took me all of a nanosecond to say “YES!” Amy, and her husband Joe, I have known since doing house parties in Kirkland for Chuck & Cara (which also has led to DJing wedding receptions for Eric & Margie, Austin & Kirsten, and several other couples and vendors that I have worked with.) In short, I know these people very well, and every party I am a part of is always full of memories and talked about on Facebook for weeks.
Amy & Joe’s wedding was no exception. In the words of Jay Z’s “Paris”, one of the biggest songs of the night, Amy & Joe’s intimate guest list of family and close friends definitely “balled so hard”.
One thing I have learned doing weddings is that it isn’t how many people you invite, but rather who you invite. Amy & Joe invited the right people – close family and friends that not only came to show love and support, but also to celebrate and create memories until we were all kicked out to the bar downstairs – and I don’t think the dance floor cleared once during my two-and-half-hour mix performance.
That wasn’t the only thing, but it was the biggest thing, that made this a “Really Cool Wedding”.
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet’s Tribute to Tool
- Joe & Mother: Dixie Chicks – “Lullaby”
- Wedding Party: Marie Digby – “I Do”
- Bridal Procesion: Alex G – “I Won’t Give Up”
- Recessional: B.O.B. – “Nothin’ On You”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary
Dinner: Mid-Temp Contemporary
- First Dance: Dave Matthews Band – “You and I”
- Father-In-Law/Daughter Dance: John Mayer – “Daughters”
- Mother/Son Dance: Bette Midler – “Wind Beneath My Wings”
- Couples Dance: Chicago – “You’re The Inspiration”
- Cake Cutting: Sugarland – “Stuck Like Glue”
- Last Dance: Daft Punk – “One More Time”
Dancing: Top 40, Hip-Hop, 80s, 90s, Classic Rock
Photos Courtesy: Photography By Blush.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.