And as I sit here and try to come up with the words to describe this wedding, I’m exactly that: at a loss for words. From start to finish, it couldn’t have been any more perfect. (And speaking of finishes, it was absolutely nailed by my team! My lighting designer, Christian, did magic with our four moving head setup; and my video guru, Matt, was in the perfect position to capture the final hurrah for Audrey & Joe. Watch it in the highlight video above; I’ve replayed it more times than I can count – it’s that good.)
There were so many awesome moments and interactions that myself, Audrey, and Joe included in our Entertainment and Production Script. And while they were all well-executed, two really stand out for me. The first was our method for inviting tables to the buffet. Rather than assign a table a number, Audrey & Joe assigned each table with a song title. Guests had to listen for their song snipped to play, which then prompted them to head over to the buffet table. It was a lot of fun to watch an entire room start singing along to “Sweet Caroline” or do the “YMCA” during the dinner hour. It was the perfect invite presentation idea for Audrey & Joe’s group of family and friends.
My second favorite presentation? A twist on lyric music videos, with the lyrics of *NSYNC’s “This I Promise You” appearing on the back wall in real-time as Joe & Audrey danced. Again, watch the highlight video below to see this awesome effect!
Audrey & Joe: I’m honored to have been selected as a part of your wedding day celebration. You are two of the nicest individuals I have ever worked with and I couldn’t be happier for the two of you. Good luck, and may you both be blessed with good fortune and even greater success!
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet Selections (Contemporary)
- Joe, Family & Wedding Party Processional: Train – “Marry Me”
- Audrey’s Processional: Christina Perri – “A Thousand Years”
- Recessional: The Monkees – “I’m A Believer”
Cocktail Hour: Alternative Rock, Oldies, 90s-00s pop, Contemporary Country
Dinner: Alternative Rock, Oldies, 90s-00s pop, Contemporary Country
- Wedding Party Introductions: Backstreet Boys – “Larger Than Life”
- First Dance: *NSYNC – “This I Promise You”
- Parents Dance: Stevie Wonder – “You Are The Sunshine of My Life”
- New Parents Dance: Michael Buble – “Everything”
- Cake Cutting: Taylor Swift – “Love Story”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Shania Twain – “Man! I Feel Like A Woman”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Dixie Cups – “Chapel of Love”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Jimi Hendrix – “Foxey Lady”
- Garter Toss (Removal & Toss): Zayn – “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”
- Last Dance: Green Day – “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Country, Hip-Hop
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.