Jon & Melissa’s wedding and reception was one of those nights that I just knew it was going to be a fantastic night. They had all the right ingredients for a successful night: an intimate group of family and close friends that came to celebrate the night away, great food, plenty of beer and wine, an ambulance converted into a University of Washington Husky football tailgate party on wheels called The Husky Hauler, and a DJ that was more than up to the task to party rock 😉
If you look through the playlist and watch the video below, you’ll see a common theme: plenty of Journey and Macklemore. In fact, Jon & Melissa loved Journey and Macklemore so much, we designed the entire ceremony with Journey and Macklemore songs – note the Vitamin String Quartet covers, which still gave it a ceremony feel and ambiance. And while it isn’t listed, after the Recessional selection of “Any Way You Want It”, we transitioned into an instrumental version of “Can’t Hold Us” as guests departed the ceremony for cocktail hour outside.
One of my favorite presentations was the Grand Entrance, which was modified to its presented form a few minutes prior during the lineup. Because of the curtained off doorway, and the use of two helpers, we were able to have each wedding party pairing “pose” before they were announced and the curtains pulled open. It made for some great poses and loud cheers from the guests! And as you can see in the video below, it creates great anticipation for the entrance of Jon & Melissa!
A couple of shout outs: Steven & Christa – thank you for the referral to Jon & Melissa and Steven, thanks for remembering to start the encore chant after the “Last Dance” and starting the epic 80s Bar Rock set; and finally, to Jenny GG for supplying this blog entry with some great photos to go along with the video.
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet’s Rock & Roll Wedding Tribute
- Groom’s Entrance: Macklemore – “Bom Bom”
- Seating of the Family: Vitamin String Quartet – “Don’t Stop Belivin'”
- Wedding Party: Vitamin String Quartet – “Open Arms”
- Bridal Procesion: Vitamin String Quartet – “Faithfully”
- Recessional: Journey – “Any Way You Want It”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary, Soft Classic Rock
- Grand Entrance: AC/DC – “Back In Black”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- First Dance: Adam Sandler – “I Wanna Grow Old With You”
- Bouquet Toss: Beastie Boys – “Brass Monkey”
- Garter Toss: Justin Timberlake – “SexyBack”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Faithfully”
- Encore Set: 80s Bar Rock
Dancing: Top 40, Hip-Hop, 70s, 80s, 90s, Classic Rock, Oldies
Photos Courtesy: Jenny GG Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.