Kendall & Donald designed their wedding ceremony and reception with a Great Gatsby-esque theme, which to me meant presenting their celebration with a classic vibe and concluding with an epic party. And as evident by the video above, their wedding reception was exactly that, as the Bellevue Club was transformed into an upscale nightclub for one night only.
(Author’s Note: Donald & Kendall was the second set of my younger brother’s friends to get married in 2018 – with Dan & Kristin getting married in September – and both parties were home runs. Easily two of my favorite wedding celebrations of the year.)
From their spotlight First Dance – as the romantic classic “When A Man Loves A Woman” crooned in the background – to their Sparkler Send Off in a sexy red Viper, they absolutely nailed it. And I know this because while on the drive home, a call came in from Donald & Kendall, who were waiting in the drive-thru at Jack in the Box, just to say how much they loved their wedding reception and that I killed it. Thank you Kendall, for one of the best late-night phone calls I’ve ever received! 😉
Kendall & Donald, thank you so much for selecting me as your Wedding MC & DJ. You had a distinct vision, and you nailed it to perfection. I wish you many years of happiness and married bliss. And since you are currently honeymooning in Italy: Evviva gli sposi! Tanta felicità!
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet Selections
- Donald’s Processional, Seating of the Family: Vitamin String Quartet – “Wonderful Tonight”
- Wedding Party Processional: Vitamin String Quartet – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
- Kendall’s Processional: Vitamin String Quartet – “Thinking Out Loud”
- Recessional: UB40 – “Red, Red Wine”
Cocktail Hour: Classic Crooners
Dinner: 90s & 2000s R&B Jazz Covers
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Jock Jams – “Get Ready For This”
- Grand Entrance (Kendall & Donald): P. Diddy – “Bad Boys For Life (Instrumental)”
- First Dance: Percy Sledge – “When A Man Loves A Woman”
- Mother/Groom Dance: Nat & Natalie King Cole – “Unforgettable”
- Father/Bride Dance: Clint Black – “A Good Run of Bad Luck”
- Cake Cutting: Frank Sinatra – “Love & Marriage”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Mariah Carey – “Fantasy”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Whitney Houston – “I Want To Dance With Somebody”
- Garter Toss (Invite & Removal): Joe Cocker – “You Can Leave Your Hat On”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Sound Effect – “Drum Roll”
- Last Dance: Uncle Kracker – “Drift Away”
Dancing: Big Band & Swing, Classic Rock & Roll, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Motown, 1980s, 1990s, Electronic Dance Music, Reggae/Latin, Country
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.