Kendall & Donald designed their wedding ceremony and reception with a slight Great Gatsby theme, which to me meant presenting their celebration with a classic vibe and concluding with an epic party. And as evident by the video above, their wedding reception was exactly that, as the Bellevue Club was transformed into an upscale nightclub for one night only.
(Author’s Note: Donald & Kendall was the second set of my younger brother’s friends to get married in 2018 – with Dan & Kristin getting married in September – and both parties were home runs. Easily two of my favorite wedding celebrations of the year.)
From their spotlight First Dance – as the romantic classic “When A Man Loves A Woman” crooned in the background – to their Sparkler Send Off in a sexy red Viper, they absolutely nailed it. And I know this because while on the drive home, a call came in from Donald & Kendall, who were waiting in the drive-thru at Jack in the Box, just to say how much they loved their wedding reception and that I killed it. Thank you Kendall for one of the best late-night phone calls I’ve ever received! 😉
Kendall & Donald, thank you so much for selecting me as your Wedding MC & DJ. You had a distinct vision, and you nailed it to perfection. I wish you many years of happiness and married bliss. And since you are currently honeymooning in Italy: Evviva gli sposi! Tanta felicità!
Reception Recap Video
Kendall & Donald’s Five-Star Review
Tony was our MC and DJ for our wedding in October. We could not be happier with our decision to hire Tony for our big day.
My wife and I live in Texas and had to plan our Bellevue, WA wedding from afar. Tony was super easy to plan with via Skype, email, phone, etc. He was as available as we needed him to be. Tony was also super flexible in meeting with us at the venue on the specific dates we flew up to visit. Right after meeting with him, you’ll find it obvious that Tony has a TON of experience doing high-quality weddings and takes his work very seriously; an absolute pro. After our initial meeting/consultation, we knew Tony was going to knock it out of the park.
On the day of, Tony’s team ran circles around the people working at the venue. They were the first vendor to be ready, even with all the additional lighting/sound systems we requested. Once the reception started, we wanted Tony to be 100% in charge, and he was. He provided crystal clear instructions to us on the use of microphones for speeches, entrance/introductions, where to walk, etc. Tony was a calming and reassuring guide when we were obviously nervous and hyped-up, and he kept the reception moving and on time. Once the party really started (dancing time!), Tony was in his element. He nailed the exact music mix and vibe we were going for, and the dance floor was absolutely PACKED the ENTIRE time with both the younger crowd and our parents’ generation.
Tony’s company also has a photo booth team that can be hired for weddings, and it was the perfect fun activity for our guests. He also designed a monogram of our initials, which was projected onto the walls and provided the perfect touch.
Overall, my wife and I are extremely happy and had a perfect time. Tony, thank you for making our wedding so awesome, and please share our appreciation with your team!
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet Selections
- Donald’s Processional, Seating of the Family: Vitamin String Quartet – “Wonderful Tonight”
- Wedding Party Processional: Vitamin String Quartet – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
- Kendall’s Processional: Vitamin String Quartet – “Thinking Out Loud”
- Recessional: UB40 – “Red, Red Wine”
Cocktail Hour: Classic Crooners
Dinner: 90s & 2000s R&B Jazz Covers
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Jock Jams – “Get Ready For This”
- Grand Entrance (Kendall & Donald): P. Diddy – “Bad Boys For Life (Instrumental)”
- First Dance: Percy Sledge – “When A Man Loves A Woman”
- Mother/Groom Dance: Nat & Natalie King Cole – “Unforgettable”
- Father/Bride Dance: Clint Black – “A Good Run of Bad Luck”
- Cake Cutting: Frank Sinatra – “Love & Marriage”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Mariah Carey – “Fantasy”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Whitney Houston – “I Want To Dance With Somebody”
- Garter Toss (Invite & Removal): Joe Cocker – “You Can Leave Your Hat On”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Sound Effect – “Drum Roll”
- Last Dance: Uncle Kracker – “Drift Away”
Dancing: Big Band & Swing, Classic Rock & Roll, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Motown, 1980s, 1990s, Electronic Dance Music, Reggae/Latin, Country
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.