You couldn’t have asked for a more picturesque day at The Kelley Farm for Kevin & Janae’s wedding reception! The weather was perfect, the barn was all decked out, Janae looked stunningly beautiful (Kevin, you are one lucky man!), and the atmosphere was upbeat and festive. And right from the get-go, Kevin & Janae’s wedding party were challenged to a dance-off contest with Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” as the song of choice! And after dinner, if guests weren’t on the dance floor, they were in the Open Air photo booth provided by The Puget Sound Photo Booth Co. taking hilarious photos!
And let’s be real here: when you feature “My Humps” for the garter removal AND end the night appropriately with N*SYNC’s “Bye, Bye, Bye” leaving everyone hot, sweaty, and still wanting more, you threw a kick-ass party. So props to Kevin & Janae, I hope your driver had the AC on in your getaway car!
Shoutouts to the vendor team for assisting in making Kevin & Janae’s wedding awesome: Rev. Ray Van Winkle (one of my three favorite officiants in the Seattle-Tacoma area), Callie Holcomb from Holcomb Weddings, and the entire catering crew over at Mama Stortini’s. And of course, I want to say it was a pleasure to work with Jeramie from Shoda Love for the first time; I hope we get to work together more often!
Kevin & Janae: Thank you for having me as a part of your wedding reception; I’m honored that you asked me to be a part of it. Congratulations and cheers!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary, Soft Country
- Family: Keith Urban – “Only You Can Love Me This Way”
- Wedding Party: Colbie Caillat – “Bubbly”
- Janae’s Procession: The Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Recessional: Black Eyed Peas – “Let’s Get It Started”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary, Soft Country
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Michael Jackson – “Beat It”
Grand Entrance (Kevin & Janae): Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock – “It Takes Two”
Dinner: Country, Contemporary
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- First Dance: Blake Shelton – “God Gave Me You”
- Father-Bride Dance: Trace Adkins – “You’re Gonna Miss This”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Cyndi Lauper – “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Jock Jams – “Let’s Get Ready to Rumble”
- Garter Toss (Invite): AC/DC – “Thunderstruck”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Black Eyed Peas – “My Humps”
- Garter Toss (Toss): TV Themes – “Monday Night Football Theme”
- Last Dance: N*SYNC – “Bye, Bye, Bye”
Dancing: Oldies, Disco, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Electronic Dance Music, Hip-Hop, R&B, Funk, Reggae/Latin, Country
Photo Courtesy: Shoda Love
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.