“So in love, so in love.”
I couldn’t help but mouth those lyrics as I watched on from my DJ booth. At that moment, I knew it – despite the July heat that just wouldn’t go away – we were about to have an epic dance floor experience. Which is precisely what Kyle & Jamie desired.
And the photo montage that Jamie compiled for her Father/Bride dance? It was a moment that Jamie, her father George, and every guest in attendance will never forget. Nearly every wedding has a Father/Bride dance; but when it comes to making it unique, it’s the special touches like a tribute video to a parent that makes a huge difference.
And then, after Kyle danced with his mother, Josie, to Bob Dylan’s “Forever Young” – beautiful song by the way – it was time to invite guests up to the dance floor! And from Motown to Top 40, and even as many TRL classic hits that I could fit in the mix, Kyle, Jamie, and their closest family and friends kept the dance floor active for nearly three hours. In 85+ degree heat for much of the night, no less.
From a DJ’s perspective, that was nothing short of IMPRESSIVE. Well done, y’all!
While the entire wedding had a simple elegance vibe to it, Kyle & Jamie were all about the fun: a caricature artist drew portraits during cocktail hour; corn hole and giant Jenga was available to play inside the Sodo Park foyer; and an Open Air photo booth, kept guests entertained throughout the night as they took a break from the dance floor. It was a perfectly planned, well thought-out reception experience from start to finish.
Kyle & Jamie: I’m honored to have been a part of your wedding reception; you two were an absolute pleasure to work for. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and success in all that you do. Congratulations!
Cocktail Hour: Contemporary, Country
- Wedding Party Introductions: Michael Franti – “Say Hey (I Love You)
- Jamie & Kyle Introduction: Andy Grammar – “Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah)”
- Cake Cutting: The Archies – “Sugar, Sugar”
- First Dance: Ed Sheeran – “Tenerife Sea”
- Father/Bride Dance: Bob Carlisle – “Butterfly Kisses”
- Mother/Groom Dance: Bob Dylan – “Forever Young”
- Garter Toss: George Thorogood – “Bad To The Bone”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Pat Benetar – “Love is a Battlefield”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Spice Girls – “Wannabe”
- Last Dances: Garth Brooks – “Friends In Low Places” & Journey – “Don’t Stop Believing”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Disco, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Alternative & Modern Rock, Country
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.