On a Monday evening in Seattle, most were settling in for the night after a long day’s work. At Georgetown Ballroom in the Sodo District of Seattle however, Kyle, Liz and 100 of their closest family and friends were celebrating as if it was a Saturday night. No case of the Mondays here; just a great night of laughter and fun!
Fun fact about how quickly Kyle, Liz and myself connected: I met Kyle & Liz at the Seattle Wedding Show earlier this year, and I was passing out copies of my latest mix CD. Somehow, that led to a reference of a Jimmy Fallon “D-V-D” bit, and from that moment on, I knew we were the perfect match for each other. And I’m honored that they thought the same and asked me to be their MC & DJ.
And Liz & Kyle couldn’t have designed a better evening: a delicious family-style meal was prepared by the catering staff at Georgetown Ballroom with dessert provided by Sub Zero Ice Cream; Erik and Ali of Vail Studio captured some awesome photos all day and night long; Dan Deschenes from Medici Studios documented the festivities on film; and guests hopped in the Open Air photo booth provided by The Puget Sound Photo Booth Co. and cranked out some hilarious 4×6 prints.
Oh, and these crazy people came to dance. The biggest hit of the evening? “The Impression That I Get” by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. And just for fun, I mixed in A-ha’s “Take on Me” after, which led to the loudest sing-a-long I’ve ever heard from 100 people. It’s one of those moments where I close my eyes and just feel the energy of the room. It’s an awesome feeling, second only to the hugs I got from Kyle & Liz at the end of the night.
Kyle & Liz, congratulations! Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding celebration, as it was an honor to serve you. It was the best Monday night, ever.
Prelude: Select Movie Themes, Piano & Cello Selections
- Family, Kyle, Wedding Party: City and Colour – “The Girl”
- Liz’s Procession: The Piano Guys – “Story of My Life”
- Recessional: Jackson 5 – “I Want You Back”
Cocktail Hour: Kyle & Liz’s Selections
Grand Entrance (Kyle & Liz): Arcade Fire – “Wake Up”
Dinner: Kyle & Liz’s Selections
- Opening of the Ice Cream Table: The Temper Trap – “Sweet Disposition”
- Mother-Bride Dance: The Beatles – “I Wanna Hold Your Hand”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Garth Brooks – “Mom”
- First Dance: Leon Bridges – “Coming Home”
- Bouquet Toss: David Guetta – “Where Dem Girls At”
- Garter Toss (Invite): James Brown – “Get Up Offa That Thing”
- Garter Toss (Removal): The Flight of the Conchords – “Business Time”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Flo Rida – “Right Round”
- Last Dance: DJ’s Choice
Dancing: Top 40, Funk, Hip-Hop, R&B, 90s, 80s, 00s, Classic Rock & Roll
Photo Courtesy: Vail Studio.