When Tiffany initially emailed me about the possibility of DJing her wedding at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle, she said had just the last couple of hours dancing to all my mixes on my website. After I met her and Kyle at Tully’s, I knew this was going to be a fantastic celebration and was honored to be a part of it.
The Fairmont Olympic Hotel is like a trip back in time – it is class and tradition and I always enjoy working there. Uplighting really enhances the room when done properly – check out the green lighting in the background of the photos below. The staff is great, and the food is ALWAYS delicious. Kyle & Tiffany opted for a plated meal with multiple courses, and because they wanted LOTS of time to dance, we designed an Entertainment Script that reflected that. The First Dance was actually the last formal dance before opening the dance floor – we had done the Father/Bride and Mother/Son dance earlier in the evening in between courses – and by presentation design, it led to a packed dance floor for the rest of the night.
Yes, guests were tired and drained in sweat by the Last Dance – and this Seattle Wedding DJ, along with Tiffany & Kyle, wouldn’t have it any other way.
If you listen to the live mix below, you’ll note there is minimal music beyond 2000 – as much of what Tiffany and Kyle wanted was classic party jams (Prince, Earth, Wind & Fire, The Gap Band, etc) and lots of 90s R&B music. It’s rare that I get to play SWV, Aaliyah, Xscape and New Edition at a wedding, but since that was desired, I was more than happy to rock it. This is one of my favorite live mixes to-date – it even made my iPod! 😉
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet Selections
- Wedding Party: Vitamin String Quartet – “Good Life”
- Bridal Procesion: Divisi – “Marry Me”
- Recessional: OneRepublic – “Good Life”
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Soul, R&B, 80s pop
- Grand Entrance: Earth, Wind & Fire – “Let’s Groove”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Bob Carlisle – “Butterfly Kisses”
- Mother/Son Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- First Dance: Babyface – “Every Time I Close My Eyes”
- Bouquet Toss: Bobby Brown – “My Prerogative”
- Garter Toss: Queen – “Another One Bites The Dust”
- Last Dance: Michael Buble – “Home”
Dancing: Funk, 80s Pop, 90s R&B, Hip-Hop
Photos Courtesy: Art Pinney Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.