There was also a lot of build up and hype to this moment, as earlier in the day, I “promoted” the event on Facebook with a Battle of the Bands inspired flyer that also served as the monogram for the reception.
Of course, the rest of the evening at 1927 Events in Seattle, WA, was simply fantastic: lots of good food, plenty of drinks, great laughter, greater memories, and tons of dancing. Which is all Patti & Laine really wanted: a fun party to celebrate their union as man and wife.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the Battle of the Bands competition was a tie. Which means, if they are upholding their ends of the bet, Laine is currently giving Patti two head scratches a week for the first year of their marriage (NO COMPLAINTS, LAINE!), and Patti is returning the favor with two home cooked meals a week.
But as everyone knows, when you’re a Rock(band) Star, the rules don’t always apply to you. Congratulations, Laine and Patti!
Prelude: Mid-Tempo Contemporary Selections
- Laine & Groomsmen: Harold Faltermeyer – “Top Gun Anthem”
- Family & Bridesmaids: Pachelbel – “Canon in D”
- Bridal Procesion: Christina Perri – “A Thousand Years”
- Recessional: Michael Buble – “Everything”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Classic Crooners, Soft Contemporary, Soft Country, Classic Love Songs, Soft R&B and Soul
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary, Mid-Tempo Country, Mid-Tempo R&B and Soul
- Grand Entrance: LMFAO – “Party Rock Anthem”
- First Dance: Brad Paisley – “Then”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Jason Mraz – “I Wont’ Give Up” & Alan Jackson – “Remember When”
- Cake Cutting: Pat Benatar – “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Katy Perry – “California Gurls”
- Bouquet Toss: Ludacris – “Move B&%ch”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Henry Mancini – “Pink Panther Theme”
- Garter Toss (Removal): George Thorogood – “Bad To The Bone”
- Garter Toss: Jay-Z – “Big Pimpin'”
Dancing: Oldies, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Alternative, R&B, Country
Photos Courtesy: Dan’Yelle McNeely.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.