So, I just got home from Limwell & Jessie’s wedding and I’m still trying to come up with the perfect word to describe their party. Wow? Amazing? Unreal? Perfect? Unforgettable? I can’t choose just one, because all of those words can be used to describe what happened tonight. I mean, look at the photos below – that dance floor was PACKED. And it was like that for two hours, and then Limwell & Jessie elected to go another hour because NO ONE wanted that night to end. If this is a sign of what is to come for the Summer of 2011, then it’s going to be the best year yet.
Tonight’s format was a little different than most – after the Grand Entrances, Limwell & Jessie entered and immediately transitioned into their First Dance. After, Limwell did a Welcome & Thank You speech and then, per my coaching, asked Jessie’s father if he would have this dance with her. After the Father/Daughter dance, Limwell escorted his mother to the dance floor for a Mother/Son dance – and then we finally began dinner. This was done to maximize dancing time – all we had to do after dinner was do toasts and cut the cake. Once the cake was cut, guests could either eat dessert or get on the dance floor. 85% of them chose the latter – and away we went!
Limwell & Jessie – THANK YOU for allowing me to be a part of this night; I’ll never forget it. You are such a fun couple with huge personalities – the best of luck and success to the both of you!
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet Selections
- Family: Vitamin String Quartet – “All You Need Is Love”
- Wedding Party: Pride and Prejudice Soundtrack – “Dawn”
- Bridal Procession: Robert Chanteaur – “Here Comes The Bride”
- Recessional: The Beatles – “All You Need Is Love”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary, Soft Classic Crooners
Dinner: 90s R&B Slow Jams, Mid-Tempo Contemporary, Upbeat Pop Country, Sing-A-Long Favorites
- Grand Entrance: Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”
- First Dance: Tim McGraw – “My Best Friend”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Mother/Son Dance: Jim Brickman – “A Mother’s Prayer”
- Cake Cutting: DJ’s Choice
- Money Dance: DJ’s Choice
- Anniversary Dance: Frank Sinatra – “You Make Me Feel So Young”
- Last Dance: DJ’s Choice
Dancing: 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B
Photo Courtesy: Streamside Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.