When a couple tells me they have eighteen people in their wedding party, it’s typically a sign that their reception has the potential to be one of those epic nights. And for Matt & Megan, this was most definitely the case as we rocked the The Cove at Normandy Park on July 24th, 2015.
(And call it a hunch, but after this reception, I think this Silento “Watch Me” song will be huge.)
As you may notice in the Musical Selections section below, Matt & Megan elected for their Wedding Party members to enter to their own song skits. Some entered in pairs, others entered solo – yet all of the guests were throughly entertained as our bridesmaids and groomsmen were introduced with a one-liner and their own entrance song. And of course, hilarity ensued. The Grand Entrance couldn’t have been any more perfect; and it set the tone for the rest of the night.
And shout out to Lauren Cross for killing it in the photography department; the photo above with Matt & Megan’s custom monogram is MONEY. It was a pleasure to work with you.
Congratulations to Matt & Megan! It was an honor to serve you; thank you for a night full of memories I won’t soon forget.
Prelude: Classic Motown & Soul
- Matt, Family: Otis Redding – “That’s How Strong My Love Is”
- Wedding Party: Ben E. King – “Stand By Me”
- Megan’s Procession: Otis Redding – “For Your Precious Love”
- Recessional: Passenger – “I See Love”
Cocktail Hour: 1950s
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party Song Skits):
- O-Zone – “Dragostea Din Tei”
- Mark Ronson – “Uptown Funk”
- 69 Boyz – “Tootsee Roll”
- Beyonce – “Drunk in Love”
- GS Boyz – “Stanky Legg”
- Aloe Blacc – “The Man”
- Walk The Moon – “Shut Up and Dance”
- Coolio – “Gangsta’s Paradise”
- Movie Themes – “The Imperial March”
- Lil’ Jon – “Get Low”
- Ginuwine – “Pony”
- Backstreet Boys – “Everybody”
- Video Game Themes – “Super Mario Brothers Theme”
Grand Entrance (Matt & Megan): Macklemore – “And We Danced” segue to Silento – “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)”
Dinner: DJ’s Choice
- First Dance: Elvis Presley – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
- Father-Bride Dance: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Michael Jackson – “P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Brooke Valentine – “Girlfight”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Montell Jordan – “This Is How We Do It”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Blackstreet – “No Diggity”
- Garter Toss (Toss): MC Hammer – “Can’t Touch This”
- Last Dance: N*SYNC – “Bye, Bye, Bye”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B, Country
Photo Courtesy: Lauren Cross Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.