When a couple tells me they have eighteen people in their wedding party, it is typically a sign that their reception has the potential to be one of those epic nights. And for Matt & Megan, this was most definitely the case as we rocked the The Cove at Normandy Park on July 24th, 2015.
(And call it a hunch, but after this reception, I think this Silento “Watch Me” song will be huge.)
As you may notice in the Musical Selections section below, Matt & Megan elected for their Wedding Party members to enter to their own song skits. Some entered in pairs, others entered solo – yet all of the guests were thoroughly entertained as our bridesmaids and groomsmen were introduced with a one-liner and their own entrance song. And of course, hilarity ensued. The Grand Entrance couldn’t have been any more perfect; and it set the tone for the rest of the night.
And shout out to Lauren Cross for killing it in the photography department; the photo above with Matt & Megan’s custom monogram is MONEY. It was a pleasure to work with you.
Congratulations to Matt & Megan! It was an honor to serve you; thank you for a night full of memories I won’t soon forget.
Matt & Megan’s Five-Star Review
Tony Schwartz is one outstanding master of ceremonies that will truly make your special day come to life. He is easy to work with and beyond accommodating! You won’t regret hiring him for your wedding and you will probably be friends with him forever. Never met a wedding vendor that cares as much as he does.
Prelude: Classic Motown & Soul
- Matt, Family: Otis Redding – “That’s How Strong My Love Is”
- Wedding Party: Ben E. King – “Stand By Me”
- Megan’s Procession: Otis Redding – “For Your Precious Love”
- Recessional: Passenger – “I See Love”
Cocktail Hour: 1950s
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party Song Skits):
- O-Zone – “Dragostea Din Tei”
- Mark Ronson – “Uptown Funk”
- 69 Boyz – “Tootsee Roll”
- Beyonce – “Drunk in Love”
- GS Boyz – “Stanky Legg”
- Aloe Blacc – “The Man”
- Walk The Moon – “Shut Up and Dance”
- Coolio – “Gangsta’s Paradise”
- Movie Themes – “The Imperial March”
- Lil’ Jon – “Get Low”
- Ginuwine – “Pony”
- Backstreet Boys – “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)”
- Video Game Themes – “Super Mario Brothers Theme”
Dinner: DJ’s Choice
- First Dance: Elvis Presley – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
- Father-Bride Dance: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Michael Jackson – “P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Brooke Valentine – “Girlfight”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Montell Jordan – “This Is How We Do It”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Blackstreet – “No Diggity”
- Garter Toss (Toss): MC Hammer – “Can’t Touch This”
- Last Dance: N*SYNC – “Bye, Bye, Bye”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B, Country
Photo Courtesy: Lauren Cross Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.