One of the most rewarding parts of being a wedding MC & DJ is the relationships I build with my clients. Think about it: other than the officiant (maybe), who else gets to know the bride and groom on a personal level? For me, getting to know Michael & Corrina – their personalities, their story – allowed me to better understand, and present, their wedding reception.
Michael and Corrina have a great story of overcoming and triumphing. Finding each other changed their lives for the better, and I firmly believe that no other person on Earth would be a better significant other for either Corrina or Michael. I, as someone who started as just a hired vendor, am honored and proud to call them friends.
So, in addition to the packed dance floor of guests celebrating their marriage, I’ll remember the truly emotional moments of this wedding reception – the standing ovation for Michael & Corrina’s introduction, Michael’s Welcome & Thank You speech, the toasts, and parents and family wiping away tears of joy. I’ll remember Michael & Corrina sharing a dance with the Longest Married Couple, Michael’s grandparents, Don & Pat, who were celebrating their 50th year of marriage. And finally, I’ll remember the song selections – how fitting and perfect they were – as the music really told the story of Michael & Corrina.
Check out the highlight video below which features the custom monogram that was placed above Corrina & Michael’s head table, as well as watching EVERYONE have a TON of fun on the dance floor.
Reception Recap Video
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Grandparents: Landon Pigg – “Falling In Love In A Coffee Shop”
- Groom’s Entrance: Queen – “Somebody to Love”
- Parents: Jose Gonzalez – “Heartbeats”
- Wedding Party: Alan Gregory – “Stable Song”
- Bridal Procession: Acoustic Truth – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
- Recessional: The Beatles – “All You Need Is Love”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary, Soft Country
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary
- Grand Entrance: Calvin Harris – “Feel So Close”
- First Dance: Ray LaMontagne – “You Are The Best Thing”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Edwin McCain – “Walk With You”
- Step-Father/Daughter Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Mother/Son Dance: Tim McGraw – “Better Than I Used To Be”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Alan Jackson – “Remember When” & Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- Bouquet Toss: Tom Petty – “American Girl”
- Garter Toss: Major Lazer – “Bubble Butt”
- Last Dance: Tim McGraw – “One Of Those Nights”
Dancing: Top 40, 70s, 80s, Classic Rock, Country
Photo Courtesy: Corliss Photography