In terms of presentation, I would describe it as minimal. And for some weddings – like this one – it was perfectly fitting. We omitted the Grand Entrance and introduced the Family and Wedding Party before the toasts. Jen and Patrick combined the Father/Bride dance with the Mother/Son dance. The objective was simple: eat great food, mingle with good friends, throw back a few adult beverages, and dance all night to a rad DJ.
The thing I love about The Shintars is their personality and style: it’s one of a kind. From incorporating Pearl Jam into the reception – because how often does that happen? – to playing an abbreviated ten minute version of Power Hour called “The Big Ten” – a drinking game that Jenn played at Penn State and which she made Patrick play on their second date – one could easily understand how much fun these two have together.
And of course, the “RAINN ‘EM IN” horses made an appearance for photo ops; this is an event Jen started in 2012 to raise awareness of sexual assault and I highly recommend you learn more about it on their Facebook page.
Oh, and about that 200 people who love to DANCE… Jen wasn’t kidding. I’ve never seen a group of people dance and sing on a dance floor so passionately before. The photos below make that obvious. 80s hits were huge – they even nailed the high note during A-ha’s “Take On Me”. Simply incredible.
We rocked Sodo Park for just under three hours. It was one of those nights where we could have went six. Easily.
Prelude: Live Bossa Nova Band
- Family, Wedding Party: Vitamin String Quartet – “Alive (Pearl Jam Cover)”
- Bridal Procesion: Pachelbel – “Canon In D”
- Recessional: Vienna Orchestra – “All You Need is Love”
Cocktail Hour: Live Bossa Nova Band
Dinner: Soulful Jazz Standards
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- First Dance: Pearl Jam – “Future Days”
- Parent Dance: Otis Redding – “That’s How Strong My Love Is”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Alan Jackson – “Remember When” & Al Green – “Let’s Stay Together”
- Last Dance: The Spaniels – “Goodnight Sweetheart”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Disco, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, 00s, Top 40
Photos Courtesy: One Love Photo.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.