Right from start, Paul & Rochelle brought the energy with a perfectly picked Grand Entrance song selection of Fergie’s “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody”. The tone for the rest of the night was set: eat, drink, mingle, and get ready to dance – because tonight, we are one big family and this is going to be one awesome celebration!
You can check out all the dancing highlights in the video above – shout out to my media man Matt for being a rockstar! – what a fun dance floor this was. It was a DJ’s dream; towards the end of the night, I was dripping in sweat and spent, so I thought it would be funny (to me, at least) to drop Nelly’s “Hot In Herre”. Those on the dance floor totally got the joke and cheered. That’s what makes DJing fun: connecting with a crowd and playing the right song at the right time.
Paul & Rochelle, my French is terrible, but I’ll try it here: Félicitations à vous deux ! It was an honor to serve and DJ before your family and friends. And Rochelle, thank you for this quote: “I’ve never danced so much at a wedding in my life haha you rocked!!” That means the world to me; I wish you both the best of success and luck in all you do. Cheers!
Prelude: Soft Classical Selections
- Paul & Groomsmen: Bach – “Erbarme dich, mein Gott”
- Family, Bridesmaids: Jason Mraz – “I’m Yours”
- Rochelle’s Procession: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
- Unity Candle Song: Hillsong United – “Oceans”
- Recessional: Pharrell Williams – “Happy”
Grand Entrance: Fergie – “A Little Party Never Hurt Nobody”
Dinner: Classic & Contemporary Crooners, Traditional African Music
- Cake Cutting: James Taylor – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- First Dance: Elvis Presley – “Can’t Help Falling In Love With You”
- Father/Bride Dance: Darius Rucker – “It Won’t Be Like This For Long”
- Mother/Groom Dance: Bing Crosby – “La Vie En Rose”
- Mother-In-Law/Groom Dance: Andrea Bocelli – “Con te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye)”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Queen – “Another One Bites The Dust”
- Garter Toss (Invite & Removal): Miguel – “Sure Thing”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Outkast – “Hootie Hoo”
- Last Dance: DJ’s Choice
Dancing: R&B, Hip-Hop, Motown, Classic Rock & Roll, Funk, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.