It’s always a great honor when another wedding DJ asks me to be the MC and DJ at their reception. Such was the case for Ryan, who used to DJ weddings back home in the Baltimore, Maryland area. And I’m sure glad he and Nina did, as we rocked the Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie Ridge with a late 90s/early 2000s set of throwback jams that included: “All Star”, “Tubthumping”, “Semi-Charmed Life”, “Fantasy”, “Ride With Me”, “Tearin’ Up My Heart” and more.
But before the dancing even started, we had some awesome moments planned for Nina & Ryan’s guests. Just a few examples:
- Nina had a TON of flower girls, and they loved to dance. So, they danced to “Uptown Funk” into the ceremony, and they did a surprise flash mob dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” for the Grand Entrance
- Surprise song skits for each wedding party member as they entered
- Ryan did his best rendition of Ray Lewis’ “Squirrel Dance” before his Welcome & Thank You speech
- Nina & Ryan surprised the winners of “The Napkin Pass” with scratch tickets. Someone even won $10!
Ryan & Nina, thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding celebration, as it was an honor to serve you!
Ryan & Nina’s Five-Star Review
As a former wedding DJ, I knew a DJ can make or break a wedding. Tony is the DJ that will make your wedding. When we met with Tony the first time I knew right away Tony was the guy I wanted for our wedding. From the start, he was organized, professional, and had more suggestions than I can count of how to make our wedding different and special. Many people can come up with wedding ideas but Tony was then able to put them on paper and run the ideas perfectly. Once we got to the party portion of the wedding Tony rocked the house and I can say not once was the dance floor empty. Our wedding day ran perfectly smooth and I credit much of that to Tony. We would recommend Tony to run anyone’s event. Thank you Tony for helping make our wedding day something that was special, unique, and unforgettable.
Prelude: Soft Contemporary
- Family, Ryan: Proclaimers – “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)”
- Bridesmaids: Imagine Dragons – “On Top of the World”
- Flower Girls: Mark Ronson – “Uptown Funk”
- Nina’s Procession: Beyonce – “Halo”
- Recessional: Stevie Wonder – “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)”
Cocktail Hour: Upbeat Crooners
Grand Entrance (Flower Girls): Michael Jackson – “Thriller”
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party Song Skits):
- Florence & The Machine – “Dog Days are Over”
- Harold Faltermeyer – “Top Gun Anthem”
- Luke Bryan – “That’s My Kind Of Night”
- The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”
- Maroon 5 – “Moves Like Jagger”
- Boyz II Men – “Thank You”
- Usher & Alicia Keyes – “My Boo”
- Drumline Soundtrack – “Last Battle”
- Kanye West – “Flashing Lights”
Grand Entrance (Ryan & Nina): LMFAO – “Party Rock Anthem”
Dinner: Classic Love Songs, Country
- First Dance: Ed Sheeran – “Thinking Out Loud”
- Father-Bride Dance: Heartland – “I Loved Her First”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song 1: Alan Jackson – “Remember When”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song 2: The Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Cake Cutting: Blake Shelton – “Honey Bee”
- Bouquet Toss: Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
- Garter Toss: Justin Timberlake – “SexyBack”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin'”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Disco, Classic Rock & Roll, 80s, 00s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Country
Photo Courtesy: Azzura Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.