In retrospect, it was a sign. On a morning that started cloudy with off-and-on rain at my home in Puyallup, the sun came out just in time for Tom & Carey’s vows at The Edgewater Hotel in Seattle, WA. Just a few hours later, well after the sun had set into the Puget Sound waters, everyone would be walking out of the same ballroom, hot and sweaty from dancing all night long!
As a DJ, it really helps to have a group of guests that help make it an unforgettable day. Tom & Carey’s family and friends were no exception – young and old, they danced to disco & funk hits from Rick James and James Brown, as well as to modern hits by Drake and Jay-Z. It may have been a first – I can’t recall it happening before – but at the end of the night, I dropped R. Kelly’s “Bump N Grind” for the encore song, and not only did Tom & Carey’s friends dance to an R&B slow jam classic but so did their grandparents and elder guests!
It was simple, it was elegant, and it was all that matters at a wedding reception: non-stop fun. They wanted a party, and it was my pleasure to make it happen for Tom & Carey!
Prelude: Mid-Tempo Contemporary Selections
- Family, Wedding Party, Bridal Procession: Vitamin String Quartet – “Just Like Heaven”
- Recessional: James Brown – “I Got You (I Feel Good)”
Cocktail Hour: Island & Reggae
Dinner: Island & Reggae
- First Dance: Al Green – “Let’s Stay Together”
- Father/Bride Dance: Joe Cocker – “You Are So Beautiful”
- Step-Mother/Son Dance: Van Morrison – “Moondance”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Kenny Rogers – “Through The Years” & Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Cake Cutting: The Four Tops – “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)”
- Garter Toss: The Game & 50 Cent – “How We Do”
- Last Dance: R. Kelly – “Bump N Grind”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Disco, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Funk
Photo Courtesy: Barrie Anne Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.