As a DJ, it really helps to have a group of guests that help make it an unforgettable day. Tom & Carey’s family and friends were no exception – young and old, they danced to disco & funk hits from Rick James and James Brown, as well as to modern day hits by Drake and Jay-Z. It may have been a first – I can’t recall it happening before – but at the end of the night, I dropped R. Kelly’s “Bump N Grind” for the encore song, and not only did Tom & Carey’s friends dance to a R&B slow jam classic, but so did their grandparents and elder guests!
It was simple, it was elegant, and it was all that matters at a wedding reception: non-stop fun. They wanted a party, and it was my pleasure to make it happen for Tom & Carey!
Prelude: Mid-Tempo Contemporary Selections
- Family, Wedding Party, Bridal Procession: Vitamin String Quartet – “Just Like Heaven”
- Recessional: James Brown – “I Got You”
Cocktail Hour: Island & Reggae
Dinner: Island & Reggae
- First Dance: Al Green – “Let’s Stay Together”
- Father/Bride Dance: Joe Cocker – “You Are So Beautiful”
- Step-Mother/Son Dance: Van Morrison – “Moondance”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Kenny Rogers – “Through The Years” & Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Cake Cutting: The Four Tops – “Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch (I Can’t Help Myself)”
- Garter Toss: 50 Cent – “How We Do”
- Last Dance: R. Kelly – “Bump N Grind”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Disco, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Funk
Photos Courtesy: Barrie Anne Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.