Tony & Maegan’s wedding at the Shilshole Bay Beach Club in Seattle was one I waited all summer for! It was one of those weddings where as we planned it – Tony & Maegan back east in Connecticut, myself in Washington – we knew to cherish every moment, because the reception would fly by so quick! And sure enough, it did – I can’t believe it’s already over!
There is something about East Coast weddings that West Coast weddings just can’t replicate: the energy and excitement. Not to say West Coast weddings aren’t full of energy and excitement – as they are – but any wedding I have ever been a part of with a portion of the guests traveling in from the Northeast has always had just a *little* bit more energy and excitement to it. In Tony & Maegan’s case, this was no exception – from singing Billy Joel hits during dinner to rapping along with Jay-Z and Biggie on the dance floor – Tony, Maegan, and their family and friends BROUGHT IT!
Oh yes, Tony was a huge Yankees fan, so there was plenty of razzing between him and myself, the Red Sox fan. Maegan was a Mariners fan and together, it made for great chemistry, which is everything in my relationships with my clients. I consider Tony & Maegan to be great friends, and next time I am back East, I will definitely let them know. Heck, maybe we’ll even catch a Red Sox-Yankee game in New York.
Best of luck, Tony & Maegan – you two are the best!
Prelude: Mid-Tempo Contemporary Selections
- Tony & Andy: Frank Sinatra – “Love and Marriage”
- Family: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
- Wedding Party: Live Violinist
- Bridal Procesion: Live Violinist
- Recessional: Beatles – “All You Need Is Love”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Classic Crooners, Soft Contemporary
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary, Mid-Tempo Rock & Roll, Mid-Tempo Island
- Grand Entrance: LMFAO – “Party Rock Anthem”
- Cake Cutting: Four Tops – “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)”
- First Dance: Alicia Keyes – “If I Ain’t Got You”
- Father/Bride Dance: George Strait – “I Cross My Heart”
- Parents Dance: Ben E. King – “Stand By Me”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Kenny Rogers – “Through The Years” & Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): No Doubt – “I’m Just A Girl”
- Bouquet Toss: Pat Benetar – “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Will Smith – “Getting’ Jiggy Wit’ It”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Salt-n-Pepa – “Whatta Man”
- Garter Toss: Jay-Z – “Big Pimpin'”
- Last Dance: Pink – “Raise Your Glass”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, Alternative, R&B, Country
Photos Courtesy: Libby Lewis.