What happens when you mix Luke Bryan’s “Kick The Dust Up” with California Swag District’s “Teach Me How To Dougie”? You get a huge roar of approval from Vin, Erika, and their wedding guests. And that’s one of the best parts about DJing: playing what they expect and following it up with something they weren’t expecting. That’s the open-format approach and it’s why I love working for couples like Vin & Erika, who trust what I’m doing with the dance floor.
Returning to Swan Trail Farms for the first time since Eric & Margie’s wedding reception, Erika was referred to me by my buddy, Nick Alan from 100.7 The Wolf. Erika had also recalled seeing me DJ at Watershed Festival before Tim McGraw went on, so she was stoked I was available for her date. And after learning about her and Vin’s vision for the wedding day, I was equally stoked to help make their day a memorable one! And I think we nailed it!
And shout out to Erika’s father, Dean, who did double-duty as Father of the Bride and caterer; your team was a pleasure to work with, and it was – by far! – one of the best meals of the summer! Bravo!
Vin & Erika: I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and success. You have an awesome group of family and friends; it was an honor to play for you all. Cheers!
Prelude: Soft Country
- Vin’s Entrance: Chris Young – “Who I Am With You”
- Family: Lee Brice – “Who I Am With You”
- Wedding Party: Keith Urban – “Only You Can Love Me This Way”
- Erika’s Procession: Carrie Underwood – “Look At Me”
- Recessional: Chase Rice – “Ready, Set, Let’s Roll”
Cocktail Hour: Upbeat Country, Top 40
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party Song Skits):
- Maroon 5 – “Moves Like Jagger”
- Soulja Boy – “Crank That (Soulja Boy)”
- Nelly – “Flap Your Wings”
- Mark Ronson – “Uptown Funk”
- Carl Douglas – “Kung Fu Fighting”
- Iggy Azela – “Fancy”
Grand Entrance (Vin & Erika): DJ Snake & Lil’ Jon – “Turn Down For What”
Dinner: Country, Top 40
- Cake Cutting: Blake Shelton – “Honey Bee”
- First Dance: Brett Eldridge – “Mean to Me”
- Father-Bride Dance: Heartland – “I Loved Her First”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Kenny Chesney – “Don’t Blink”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Bouquet Toss (Toss): Ludacris – “Move”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Charlie Boy – “I Look Good”
- Garter Toss (Removal): Earl Dibbles, Jr. – “Country Boy Song”
- Garter Toss (Toss): LMFAO – “Sexy & I Know It”
- Last Dance: Easton Corbin – “Baby, Be My Love Song”
- Encore Song: Bon Jovi – “Livin’ On A Prayer”
Dancing: Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B, Country
Photo Courtesy: Lovesam Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.