It was a beautiful Sunday in June, as Zac & Hannah tied the knot in front of 250 of their closest family and friends at The Kelley Farm in Bonney Lake, Washington. And when I mean beautiful, I just don’t mean the weather; the floral and decor for Hannah & Zac’s reception inside the barn was masterfully designed and executed by Amy Tanton and both families. It was the perfect combination of elegance, glam, and rustic northwest. Simply stunning, and that’s coming from someone who has done dozen of events at The Kelley Farm.
Now for the couple. These two are awesome, and pretty much adorable together. Hannah I had met before, as she was a bridesmaid for Mary Beth and David’s wedding last November. As for Zac, I did not get to meet him until the wedding day as he was living in Oregon, but we quickly connected because we both shared a common interest: amateur wrestling. Zac wrestled at Oregon State, and from what I’ve learned, he was damn good, too.
One of the challenges with Sunday afternoon/early evening receptions is making sure the pace of the event is spot-on, and that guests stay engaged and entertained. When successful, they will stay as long as they possibly can – maybe even longer than they thought they would – because they are enjoying themselves. And with so many guests for Zac & Hannah to meet-and-greet with, I was honored that they trusted me with the pacing of the event, and the programming of the evening’s entertainment and music.
And I’m happy to say, we got a ton of people on the dance floor. I’ll never buy the excuse that people don’t dance on Sundays. They will, if the MC & DJ knows what they are doing. Zac & Hannah, along with their guests – young and old! – danced, they laughed, they smiled, they shed a tear of joy, and they celebrated. And that’s what made this reception successful: everyone had a good time and nothing but positive vibes.
Zac & Hannah, congratulations to you both! Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding celebration, as it was my honor to serve you. You have amazing friends and two very wonderful and supportive families. Good luck as you start your lives together in Oregon!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary, Soft Country
- Family: Brooke Fraser – “Sailboats”
- Wedding Party: Pianissimo Brothers – “To Make You Feel My Love”
- Hannah’s Procession: The Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Sand Ceremony: Train – “Marry Me”
- Recessional: Emotions – “Best of My Love”
Cocktail Hour: Country, Contemporary Crooners
Grand Entrance (Zac & Hannah): Jay-Z & Beyonce – “Crazy In Love”
Dinner: Country, Contemporary Crooners
- First Dance: Carrie Underwood – “Look At Me”
- Father-Bride Dance: Edwin McCain – “Walk With You”
- Mother-Groom Dance: Bonnie Barbey – “A Mother’s Prayer”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #1: Alan Jackson – “Remember When”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #2: The Righteous Brothers – “Unchained Melody”
- Cake Cutting: Colbie Caillat – “I Do”
- Bouquet Toss: Spice Girls – “Wannabe”
- Garter Toss (Invite): Europe – “Final Countdown”
- Garter Toss (Removal & Toss): Ginuwine – “Pony”
- Last Dance: Daft Punk – “One More Time”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Country
Photo Courtesy: Connie Riggio Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.