For starters, Chambers Bay is simply a stunningly beautiful place to get married. Both the ceremony and reception sites over look the golf course and the water, and when the sun sinks into the water, it’s absolutely amazing. Absolutely amazing is also how one could describe Alex & Lauren’s wedding reception as we rocked it all the up until 11 pm!
If you review the Musical Selections below, you will note that there was no Grand Entrance formality at this wedding. Because venue dictates flow, we opted to do something a little different but still had the same effect: introductions before toasts! Thus, rather than do Wedding Party bios as each pairing walks in, we did the bios, or should I say “mini-roasts”, of the wedding party from where they were seated at the head table. It was a great segue into the toasts and really set the mood for the rest of the night. Oh, and of course, Alex & Lauren still got their standing ovation, which every couple deserves on their wedding day.
Other “Really Cool” highlights from this wedding: our Longest Married Couple dance in which our Shortest Married Couple (Alex & Lauren!) finished the rest of the dance with our Longest Married Couple; one of the biggest songs of the night was “Louie, Louie” because Alex & Lauren were Huskies (know your couple, DJs!); and the uplight/color washing of the tent – from the street the tent was glowing purple!
Check out the photos below as it features one of my favorite photos of all-time, a photo of one of the grandparents gettin’ down on the dance floor. You have to see it to really appreciate it! 😉
Prelude: Soft Contemporary, Soft Contemporary Crooners
- Family: Iz – “Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World”
- Wedding Party: Peter Gabriel – “The Book of Love”
- Bridal Procesion: Rascal Flatts – “God Blessed The Broken Road”
- Recessional: Smash Mouth – “I’m A Believer”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Classic Crooners
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble – “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
- First Dance: Frank Sinatra – “The Way You Look Tonight”
- Father/Daughter Dance: James Taylor – “Carolina In My Mind”
- Mother/Son Dance: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: DJ’s Choice
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce – “Girls (Who Run The World)”
- Garter Removal & Toss: Kenny Loggins – “Danger Zone”
- Last Dance: DJ’s Choice
Dancing: Motown, Soul, 70s, 80s, 90s, Classic Rock, Oldies, Top 40
Photos Courtesy: Oona Copperhill Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.