When I first met Jon & Amanda at the Starbucks across from the V-Mac (Go Hawks!) in Renton, I asked them what they envisioned for their wedding and then sat back and feverishly jotted down notes as they described their dream wedding vision for me. It was the perfect match: they wanted a fun, production-style wedding with a great mix of EDM music – just as if they were going to their own version of FreakNight. So, I created them a custom package: ceremony coverage, MC & DJ, a BOOMIN’ sound system, uplighting, intelligent lighting design, custom audio production – THE WORKS!
It was labor intensive, but it was totally worth it. Jon & Amanda CRUSHED IT for their wedding reception and you can see it in their faces as they make their Grand Exit: they had the time of their lives.
And that’s what it’s all about.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 360-degree room uplighting and ceiling washes. Literally, we turned the Golf Club at Newcastle purple. See the photos below.
- Grand Entrance Wedding Party Bios. Nothing sets the tone like a great Grand Entrance. This one definitely set the tone of FUN.
- Custom Audio Production for the First Dance. Jon & Amanda came down to my studio to record surprise messages for each other to be played during their First Dance – such a killer personal touch.
- Spotlight First Dance and Cake Cutting.
- Glow sticks. This took the dance floor experience to a whole new level; it was so cool to look at all the glow sticks waving in the air during the most energetic EDM songs.
- Avicii’s “Levels” – this song is a classic. Hit it at just the right time, and people will lose their minds. I hope to play this song for another 50 years.
- Guests from the wedding in the tent at Newcastle came to dance at Amanda & Jon’s party. Clearly, ours was better and more fun! 😉
Check out the musical selections for Amanda & Jon’s ceremony and reception, and don’t forget to check out all the fun in video (the reception starts at 3:30) and photo form below, courtesy of Bogle Productions and Scott Yamamura, respectively.
See you all in 2014!
Prelude: Mid-Tempo Contemporary Selections
- Family & Wedding Party: Jason Derulo – “Marry Me”
- Bridal Procesion: Christina Perri – “A Thousand Years”
- Recessional: Calvin Harris – “I Need Your Love”
Cocktail Hour: Mid-Tempo Contemporary
Dinner: Non-Dancing Top 40
- Grand Entrance: Calvin Harris – “Feel So Close”
- First Dance: Bruno Mars – “Just The Way You Are”
- Cake Cutting: The Lumineers – “Hey Ho”
- Parents Dance: Mariah Carey – “Hero”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Bouquet Toss: Akon – “Angel”
- Garter Toss: Justin Timberlake – “Suit & Tie”
- Last Dance Set: David Guetta – “Play Hard”, Swedish House Mafia – “Don’t You Worry Child”, Avicii – “Levels”
Dancing: Top 40, Electronic Dance, Hip-Hop, R&B
Photos Courtesy: Scott Yamamura.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.