The moment I knew Matt & Rachel’s wedding at Swiftwater Cellars was going to be incredible: the perfectly timed Grand Entrance. But allow me to provide some backstory. I have known Matt for a while, since his days as DoorMatt on KISS 106.1 FM, and I was stoked to be a part of his wedding. Meeting Rachel, who is just absolutely the sweetest girl you could meet, just added to my excitement level for these two and their wedding day.
During one of our design meetings before the site visit, we had discussed the Grand Entrance presentation with Matt & Rachel entering on cue from the elevator that opens right to the dance floor at the front of the room. Not familiar with Swiftwater Cellars, I was hesitant to agree to it. But after our site visit, I was ready to step up the challenge. After writing, revising, and rehearsing a 19-second introduction, editing their Grand Entrance song selection of Sinatra’s “New York, New York” (where Matt proposed to Rachel), and informing wedding planner Tamara Nicole exactly when in my Grand Entrance presentation I needed Matt & Rachel to hit the “Down” button – I was ready. Nervous, but ready…
Honestly, it was something you had to be there to truly experience. But did we nail it?
Oh, baby, we NAILED IT!
Matt & Rachel, it was an honor to serve as your Wedding MC & DJ at your wedding reception. It was an unforgettable night – cheers to y’all!
Matt & Rachel’s Five-Star Review
We have Tony to thank for the BEST wedding reception ever!! The dance floor was packed from the second music started to the very end! From our first conversation with Tony to my last minute questions/requests, Tony was so awesome. It’s clear he loves what he does and really cares that your day is all you want it to be and more. He helped us pull off some awesome surprises from a recorded audio message from me (the bride) to the groom to an amazing elevator entrance to the reception that was timed perfectly. He gave honest and helpful feedback as we planned and was very thorough in asking the right questions to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. As if playing awesome music and keeping the party rocking wasnt enough, Tony was also responsible for our uplighting and gobo which we recieved alot of compliments on. A DJ can make or break a wedding… Tony WILL make your wedding!!! One of our best decisions was going with him and we would highly recommend him to anyone!
Prelude: Acoustic Guitar Selections
- Family: Canon in D (Acoustic Guitar Cover)
- Wedding Party: Stand By Me (Acoustic Guitar Cover)
- Bridal Procession: Wedding March (Acoustic Guitar Cover)
- Unity Candle: Jason Mraz – “I Won’t Give Up”
- Recessional: Chris Brown – “Forever”
Cocktail Hour: Crooners
Grand Entrance: Frank Sinatra – “New York, New York”
- First Dance: Boyce Avenue – “Faithfully”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Van Morrison – “Brown Eyed Girl”
- Mother/Son Dance: Celine Dion – “Because You Loved Me”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World” & Glen Lewis – “Chattanooga Choo Choo”
- Cake Cutting: Bruno Mars – “Marry You”
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce – “Put A Ring On It (All The Single Ladies)”
- Garter Toss: LMFAO – “Sexy & I Know It”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believing”
Dancing: Top 40, Hip-Hop, 80s, 70s, 90s, Classic Rock, Oldies
Photo Courtesy: Sunshine Charlie