The moment I knew Matt & Rachel’s wedding at Swiftwater Cellars was going to be incredible: the perfectly timed Grand Entrance. But allow me to provide some backstory. I have known Matt for a while, since his days as DoorMatt on KISS 106.1 FM, and I was stoked to be a part of his wedding. Meeting Rachel, who is just absolutely the sweetest girl you could meet, just added to my excitement level for these two and their wedding day.
During one of our design meetings before the site visit, we had discussed the Grand Entrance presentation with Matt & Rachel entering on cue from the elevator that opens right to the dance floor at the front of the room. Not familiar with Swiftwater Cellars, I was hesitant to agree to it. But after our site visit, I was ready to step up the challenge. After writing, revising and rehearsing a 19 second introduction, editing their Grand Entrance song selection of Sinatra’s “New York, New York” (where Matt proposed to Rachel), and informing wedding planner Tamara Nicole exactly when in my Grand Entrance presentation I needed Matt & Rachel to hit the “Down” button – I was ready. Nervous, but ready…
Honestly, it was something you had to be there to truly experience. But how did it go over? NAILED IT.
Check out Matt’s reaction at the 4:03 mark in the video by 5 Mile Films below; that’s what happens when magical, memorable moments are created at wedding receptions. And the Grand Entrance was only the first of the many we created on this January night.
Prelude: Acoustic Guitar Selections
- Family: Canon in D (Acoustic Guitar Cover)
- Wedding Party: Stand By Me (Acoustic Guitar Cover)
- Bridal Procesion: Wedding March (Acoustic Guitar Cover)
- Unity Candle: Jason Mraz – “I Won’t Give Up”
- Recessional: Chris Brown – “Forever”
Cocktail Hour: Crooners
Grand Entrance: Frank Sinatra – “New York, New York”
- First Dance: Boyce Avenue – “Faithfully”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Van Morrison – “Brown Eyed Girl”
- Mother/Son Dance: Celine Dion – “Because You Loved Me”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World” & Glen Lewis – “Chattanooga Choo Choo”
- Cake Cutting: Bruno Mars – “Marry You”
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce – “Put A Ring On It (All The Single Ladies)”
- Garter Toss: LMFAO – “Sexy & I Know It”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believing”
Dancing: Top 40, Hip-Hop, 80s, 70s, 90s, Classic Rock, Oldies
Photos Courtesy: Sunshine Charlie.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.