I think it is the ultimate compliment when another wedding professional calls and says: “Hey, Tony, we worked Erica & Steve’s wedding – can you DJ my wedding at Lord Hill Farms?” Well, Megan did just that. We had worked a wedding at Tazer Valley Farms and I remembered her for her awesome work; you should definitely check her out at Megan Christine Studio – it’s amazing! Anyways, Megan and Sig like rock & roll music – HUGE Bruce Springsteen fans. In fact, the night before their wedding, they went down to Portland to see Bruce in concert – yes, THAT huge.
As it turns out, their friends like rock & roll music, too. As well as all other genres of music. Without a doubt, this was one of my favorite weddings to mix at, ever.
Literally, I drove home smiling the entire way.
One thing I like about Lord Hill Farms – the stage and dance floor area. As a DJ, I love the stage as I feel it gives me extra motivation to perform better (as if I need more). And what is really cool is the blank brown wall near the dance floor, that with a little inspiration, can be a beautiful canvas for a monogram image. Check out the image to the right for Sig & Megan’s First Dance – how cool does that look?!?
From the Grand Entrance to the final song, Megan, Sig, their families, and their friends crushed it. It was a night to remember, and what heck of an experience. See the photos below to see what I mean!
Prelude: Acoustic Guitar Instrumentals
- Processional: Live Guitarist
- Recessional: Social Distortion – “Ring of Fire”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Rock, Upbeat Oldies
Dinner: Rock, Soul
- Grand Entrance: Elvis – “Burning Love”
- Cake Cutting: Warrant – “Cherry Pie”
- First Dance: Bruce Springsteen – “Thunder Road (Hammersmith Odeon, London ’75)”
- Parents Dance: The Beatles – “Let It Be”
- Longest Married Couple Dance: Ben E. King – “Stand By Me” & Joe Cocker – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
- Bouquet Toss: Donna Summer – “Hot Stuff”
- Garter Toss: AC/DC – “Touch Too Much”
- Last Dance: Eddie Money – “Take Me Home Tonight”
Dancing: What wasn’t played?!? Rock, Oldies, Motown, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, Top 40
Photos Courtesy: Chantal Andrea.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.