Captain Joseph Henderson & The Fabulous New Mrs. Annie Henderson
I mean, c’mon, how awesome is that?!?!
So many awesome moments at this wedding reception, here are a few:
- We took the Song Skit Grand Entrance presentation and gave it a twist – Annie & Joe picked out the songs for their wedding party and left it as a surprise. The wedding party pairings didn’t know what song they were entering to, nor dancing to, until they were introduced.
- Videographer Aaron Horton (check out his highlight video below) produced an awesome video Love Story montage, which was played before their Grand Entrance. Talk about buildup!
- Joe & Annie cut the wedding cake with a saber.
- And then they smashed the cake in the faces of their Matron of Honor and Best Man, who we convinced to join them at the cake table to re-enact some old-fashioned poses with. It helped to have photographer Ashlee Jensen in on it to sell it. The Sneak Attack Cake Smash is something I get to do maybe once a year – its perhaps one of my favorite presentation to do – but it takes the right couple to pull it off.
- The entire Garter sequence – Best Man Jeff served as the human chair for Annie, and then after the garter toss, we swapped the bouquet toss recipient with Jeff as our blindfolded garter toss recipient placed the garter on the leg of what he thought was the bouquet toss recipient. Hilarious.
At each wedding reception, there is always one song that is the biggest hit of the night. For once, it wasn’t “Blurred Lines” or “Can’t Hold Us”. On this night, Boston’s “More Than A Feeling” absolutely CRUSHED. And I have no qualms with that 😉
Check out the photos and video below, after the playlist!
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet Selections
- Joe & Groomsmen: Igor Presnyakov – “More Than A Feeling”
- Bridesmaids: Train – “Marry Me (Piano Instrumental)”
- Bridal Procesion: Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Recessional: Hall & Oates – “You Make My Dreams Come True”
Dinner: Classic Crooners
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Song Skit Surprises
- Grand Entrance: Natalie Cole – “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)”
- First Dance: Walter Egan – “Magnet & Steel”
- Father/Daughter Dance: London Wainwright – “Daughter”
- Mother/Son Dance: Kiss – “Beth”
- Cake Cutting: Bryan Adams – “Cuts Like a Knife”
- Teddy Bear Toss: Elvis – “Teddy Bear”
- Bouquet: Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Garter Removal & Toss: The Donnas – “Take It Off”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Belivin'”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Crooners, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B, Funk
Photos Courtesy: Ashlee Jensen Photography.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.