I absolutely LOVED working with Annie & Joe for their wedding reception. Not only did we produce a “Really Cool Wedding” but Annie & Joe have such great personalities: Annie is the very outgoing and animated one with a great smile; Joe the groom with this dry wit that often had me pausing to realize how ingenious his comment was. Together, they are absolutely PERFECT together. To exemplify this, here is how they were introduced for their Grand Entrance:
Captain Joseph Henderson & The Fabulous New Mrs. Annie Henderson
I mean, c’mon, how awesome is that?!?!
So many awesome moments at this wedding reception – here are a few:
- We took the Song Skit Grand Entrance presentation and gave it a twist – Annie & Joe picked out the songs for their wedding party and left it as a surprise. The wedding party pairings didn’t know what song they were entering to – nor dancing to – until they were introduced.
- Videographer Aaron Horton produced an awesome video Love Story montage, which was played before their Grand Entrance. Talk about buildup!
- Joe & Annie cut the wedding cake with a saber.
- And then they smashed the cake in the faces of their Matron of Honor and Best Man, who we convinced to join them at the cake table to re-enact some old-fashioned poses with. It helped to have photographer Ashlee Jensen in on it to sell it. The Sneak Attack Cake Smash is something I get to do maybe once a year – it’s perhaps one of my favorite presentations to do – but it takes the right couple to pull it off.
- The entire Garter sequence – Best Man Jeff served as the human chair for Annie, and then after the garter toss, we swapped the bouquet toss recipient with Jeff as our blindfolded garter toss recipient placed the garter on the leg of what he thought was the bouquet toss recipient. Hilarious.
At each wedding reception, there is always one song that is the biggest hit of the night. For once, it wasn’t “Blurred Lines” or “Can’t Hold Us”. On this night, Boston’s “More Than A Feeling” absolutely CRUSHED. And I have no qualms with that 🙂
Joe & Annie’s Five-Star Review
Tony was more than just a DJ. He helped us make our wedding our very own that truly represented who my husband and I are as individuals and as a couple. From beginning to end Tony had everything covered which allowed my husband and I to enjoy the night. And when we first met Tony 9 months before our wedding we said we wanted a dance party and he ensured that we got a dance party. Everything ran so smoothly, my friends and family just kept talking about how great our DJ was. Tony, Thank you for taking such pride in what you do. It’s people like you in the wedding industry that make planning the biggest day in a person’s life easy. Hire Tony for your wedding!
Prelude: Vitamin String Quartet Selections
- Joe & Groomsmen: Igor Presnyakov – “More Than A Feeling”
- Bridesmaids: Train – “Marry Me (Piano Instrumental)”
- Bridal Procession: Piano Guys – “A Thousand Years”
- Recessional: Hall & Oates – “You Make My Dreams (Come True)”
Dinner: Classic Crooners
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Song Skit Surprises
- Grand Entrance: Natalie Cole – “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)”
- First Dance: Walter Egan – “Magnet & Steel”
- Father/Daughter Dance: London Wainwright – “Daughter”
- Mother/Son Dance: Kiss – “Beth”
- Cake Cutting: Bryan Adams – “Cuts Like a Knife”
- Teddy Bear Toss: Elvis – “(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear”
- Bouquet: Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Garter Removal & Toss: The Donnas – “Take It Off”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Belivin'”
Dancing: Motown, Oldies, Crooners, Rock & Roll, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B, Funk
Photo Courtesy: Ashlee Jensen Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.