July 3rd, 2015 was an absolutely beautiful evening for Mick & Allison at Sodo Park in Seattle! Referred to me by their Nordstrom colleague, Rosanna (of Nathan & Rosanna fame!), Mick & Allison were an absolute delight to work for: they envisioned an intimate, classy reception, that was light-hearted and fun – and they absolutely nailed it. The flow of events was perfect, and despite the rather warm conditions on this Friday evening in July, the guests BROUGHT IT on the dance floor.
It’s so much fun to play for a group of people who just want to have fun and trust the DJ on the musical journey they are about to embark on.
As for the all-star vendor team: Herban Feast prepared yet another delicious meal to Allison & Mick’s guests, Erik & Ali from Vail Studio were on-hand to capture each moment in their typical brilliant fashion, The Puget Sound Photo Booth Co. entertained the guests who took a break from the dance floor action with their Traditional Photo Booth offering, and the whole evening was planned and organized to perfection by Nina from RockerBaby Productions.
Mick & Allison, congratulations! It was an honor to serve you. Thank you for having me as a part of your wedding vendor team.
Prelude: Classical String Quartet Selections
- Family: Ivo Pogorelich – “Prelude in F Major, Op. 28, No. 23”
- Wedding Party: Pride & Prejudice – “Dawn”
- Allison’s Procession: Peter Schmalfuss – “Clair De Lune”
- Recessional: The Turtles – “Happy Together”
Cocktail Hour: Crooners
Grand Entrance (Family): Gladys Knight & The Pips – “Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me” & Elton John – “Your Song”
Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Aerosmith – “Walk This Way”
Grand Entrance (Mick & Allison): Grover Washington, Jr. – “Just The Two of Us”
Dinner: Mick & Allison’s Selections
- First Dance: Gordon Lightfoot – “Beautiful”
- Father-Bride Dance: Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole – “Unforgettable”
- Mother-Son Dance: The Beatles – “In My Life”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #1: Rod Stewart – “Have I Told You Lately”
- Longest Married Couple Dance, Song #2: Frank Sinatra – “The Way You Look Tonight”
- Cake Cutting: Peter Gabriel – “In Your Eyes”
- Bouquet Toss (Invite): Kelis – “Milkshake”
- Garter Toss (Toss): Beyonce – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
- Last Dance: Journey – “Don’t Stop Believing”
Dancing: Oldies, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, Top 40, Hip-Hop
Photo Courtesy: Vail Studio