When I first met Shabnam & Stephen, they were a couple I knew I HAD to work with. From their story of how their relationship came to be (a platonic shopping buddy), to their interests (beer, travel, hockey), a Boston connection (Stephen), to their vision of their wedding (low-key, casual, fun) – well, I think at this point, it is obvious we were a match!
Hosting their reception at the modern yet classy and elegant Hotel 1000, Stephen & Shabnam (a.k.a. “Stab”) planned a wonderful reception experience for their closest family and friends. Because Hotel 1000 offers the foyer, terrace, and ballroom to their brides and grooms – all of which are connected – it allows for some awesome presentations and transitions to get guests to the next section of the night, seamlessly. For the Grand Entrance, Stephen and Shabnam’s wedding party entered from the side door coming from the foyer, allowing for “Stab” to make their spotlight entrance from the terrace into the ballroom.
After dinner in the ballroom, toasts and cake cutting were presented on the terrace, which flowed naturally into formal dances, fun surprises, open dancing, and tons of celebration for the remainder of the night! Also, to let all guests feel like they were a part of the complete reception experience – especially those elder guests that would be departing earlier in the night – we planned a “Last Dance of the Reception”, followed by the “After-Party” which was a featured set performed specifically for Shabnam & Stephen and those that would party late into the night.
An unforgettable night at a fantastic venue with amazing vendors, all for a wonderful couple. That’s why I love what I do!
Prelude: Soft Contemporary, Soft Contemporary Crooners
- Family: Jack Johnson – “Better Together”
- Wedding Party: Plain White T’s – “1, 2, 3, 4”
- Bridal Procession: Train – “Marry Me”
- Recessional: Train – “Hey Soul Sister”
Cocktail Hour: Soft Contemporary, Soft Classic Crooners, Classic Love Songs
Dinner: Mid-Tempo Contemporary, Persian
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Queen – “You’re My Best Friend”
- Grand Entrance: Pitbull – “Feel This Moment”
- Cake Cutting: Cake – “Love You Madly”
- First Dance: Jason Mraz – “I’m Yours”
- Father/Daughter Dance: Andrew Gold – “Thank You For Being A Friend”
- Mother/Son Dance: Jamie Cullum – “These Are The Days”
- Anniversary Dance: Frank Sinatra – “You Make Me Feel So Young”
- Last Dance: Lady Gaga – “Marry The Night”
Dancing: Persian, 80s, 90s, Top 40, Hip-Hop
Photo Courtesy: Jenny GG Photography
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.