And I’ll never forget this night: hands down, it was the best reception I’ve ever performed at.
One of the challenges of Tacoma’s Union Station is the terrible acoustics that it is notoriously known for. Fortunately, I developed a custom sound solution that was able to combat the issue: eight speakers on the second floor mezzanine! Add in four vertical totems with moving heads – which made for an awesome Spotlight First Dance! – and you get a four-hour setup, with one hour consisting purely of loading everything in. And despite the work and meticulous planning that went into designing this production, it was 100% worth it in the end. And as the video above shows, clearly the sound was good enough to keep the dance floor packed all night long!
One other element I loved from Spencer & Christie’s reception: the inclusion of a Hashtag Display Station from my exclusive Planning & Presentation Binder. I setup two LED TVs that throughout the night refreshed with photos Spencer & Christie’s guests posted to Instagram and Twitter with their wedding hashtag #Hitched2Hutch. Talk about taking wedding hashtags to the next level!
Spencer & Christie, a sincere thank you for allowing me to rock your dance floor. Your kind words in the video humble me; it was my honor to serve you both. Thank you, and may God bless your marriage and bestow upon you a lifetime of good luck and fortune! Congratulations!
Cocktail Hour: Crooners & Big Band
Dinner: Oldies & Motown
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): Imagine Dragons – “On Top Of The World (Instrumental)”
- Grand Entrance (Spencer & Christie): Imagine Dragons – “On Top Of The World (Instrumental)”
- First Dance: Ray LaMontagne – “You Are The Best Thing”
- Father/Bride Dance: Tim McGraw – “My Little Girl”
- Mother/Son Dance: The Beatles – “In My Life”
- Last Dance: Ilene Woods – “So This Is Love”
- Send Off: Natalie Cole – “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)”
Dancing: Motown, Big Band & Swing, Oldies, Disco, Classic Rock & Roll, 1980s, Top 40
NEVER MISS ANOTHER BLOG POST!
Join my VIP list and receive a notification in your inbox when I've posted a new article.